Author Topic: INK17-Pearls Winner Announced  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: INK17-Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 03:20:03 PM »
Sheila, your backgrounds are wonderful and your cards makings worked wonderfully with each one!  Beautiful combinations!  Thanks for playing...Jan

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »
I'm also enjoying all the wonderful pearl pieces. Alas, I'm not able to join in since I have no substitutes for any of the pearls products. Sok. It's fun getting inspired by what I see
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 12:11:15 PM »
So sorry Daniel!  I was hoping you may have a bottle of pearl white acrylic craft paint.
...Jan

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
Thanks Jan. No paints or other powders or liquids (knew I should have kept the makeup  ::))
Actually? For the most part I really don't miss having all the various adjuncts like efs & such. It forces me to solve creative problems using the skills I've been blessed with. KWIM
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 02:07:55 PM »
Jan, here is an entry for the first challenge.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3633#top_display_media

I substituted the Nuvo Crystal drops in Pearl.  They worked well, but might not be as pearly as the Liquid Pearls.  The other time I did the Mother of Pearl background, I used glossy paper and the Iridescent Pearl paint I have.  I do think that that one looked much more like mother of pearl since it was overall glossy. But it is so nice just to use regular cardstock.

I have a background for the stenciling but no completed card yet!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »
Here is the second part.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3639#top_display_media

I used a baby wipe to help push the iridescent pearl paint through the stencil.  It aided in cleanup as well.  I am sure I didn’t get as much dimension as the Liquid Pearls, but I did get dimension. I wish I had done it on dark paper.  But I consider this a first try and plan to do this again when I have more time.

Thanks for the great challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 12:09:38 PM »
I'm working on this challenge ... I made a background and did some stenciling last night so it would have time to dry ... let's see if I can make some cards out of them!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 03:09:35 PM »
I started this challenge last night so I would have some dried pieces to work with.  Today while I was looking for something else, I found 3 more colors of Liquid Pearls I forgot I had!  Oh well, now I know what I can do with them!

I made a Christmas card which also happens to fit my Christmas All Year prompt for this month.  Yay!  One more Christmas card done!

I had a little bit of trouble with the pearls seeping under the stencil and then pulling up the paper when I went to remove it (it acts like glue!).  Next time I think I will try to be quicker removing the stencil, I also put some temporary adhesive on the back of the stencil (after the fact) for the next time.

All is Calm

Attached is a photo of the stencil, and another view of the card showing more shimmer.
Thanks for hosting Jan!

I'm still working on challenge #1.

Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »
Here is my card using Pearl Resist for INK17-Pearls#1.   Attached is a picture of the background.  Thanks again Jan!

jingle all the way

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 07:24:10 PM »
My #1 challenge, I forgot to say in my post that I used spun sugar over the liquid pearls, I embossed a frame right into the background so I didn't hide too much more with it, the stamp ended up being pretty big

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3650#top_display_media

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: INK17-Pearls WINNER announced!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 05:30:24 PM »
Thanks for playing everyone.  Your creative talents really shined in your final results :smitten: 

I offered 2 challenges:  #1--Texture background with liquid pearls on plastic wrap.
And the Winner is Shelia!   Congratulations #>

#2 was challenge stenciling with Liquid Pearls.
And the Winner is April!  Congratulations  #>

Til next time...Jan
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:43:50 PM by Far North »

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: INK17-Pearls Winner Announced
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 07:22:46 PM »
Wow! Thank you.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 08:16:54 PM »
Congratulations to Sheila and April! 

Thanks for hosting Jan! 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 08:31:23 PM »
Congrats, Ladies!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »
Thanks, Jan! I really enjoyed the challenge!

April :smile: