Author Topic: Creativation 2020  (Read 3802 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Creativation 2020
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 06:34:02 AM »
Cindi, I agree with you on the glazes. They are beautiful, but I don’t think I would use them. Also, the distress ink tins are a really great option, but I already have a storage plan for them. 

The faux beeswax sounds like a neat thing to make.  I probably would only attempt it in a class, lol.  Or if it were a challenge.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 09:38:38 AM »
I wasn't sure how much I would use the glaze but like you said it was neat on the paper dolls.
Those tins are great for storage if you take them places but they would take up too much room in my craft room is I used them to store all my inks.
I so agree about the examples, he has a great group that make some awesome projects with his goodies!

Heidi that die is quite expensive, if I spent that much I would have to know I would use it quite a bit and I probably wouldn't.

Did you see the new release from the Greetery, oh my goodness I just loved her layered rose die, I was all set to get it and then found out it was $40 and once again not sure if I would use it enough to spend that much one one die.  Here is the post, the flowers are down a bit,  https://blog.thegreetery.com/2020/01/16/love-letters-collection-day-2-coming-up-roses/

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 10:13:42 AM »
Connie, I love everything the Greetery puts out, but I haven’t made a purchase yet.  I wish I had more money to support more companies that I like. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »
I know what you mean, I just love how her stamps and stencils line up so well!

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 01:04:13 PM »
Recently I decided I wanted a Stay Station which Wendy Vecchi showcased at the 2019 Creativation. Before placing an order at Scrapbook.com I decided to read the reviews...and found 2 "poor reviews"  that both said the lines came off the surface after just a few uses.  I was surprised not find a management responses.  Like these commenters the grid lines are one of the features I really wanted.  Has anyone heard of others having such issues?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:07:20 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 01:51:38 PM »
Recently I decided I wanted a Stay Station which Wendy Vecchi showcased at the 2019 Creativation. Before placing an order at Scrapbook.com I decided to read the reviews...and found 2 "poor reviews"  that both said the lines came off the surface after just a few uses.  I was surprised not find a management responses.  Like these commenters the grid lines are one of the features I really wanted.  Has anyone heard of others having such issues?

Jan, I have not seen many reviews about that Wendy Vecchi product.  I might ask Ranger what the recommended cleaning product for it is. I would think the lines would come off with a harsh cleaner, if they came off.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:53:40 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 08:16:15 PM »
Sorry I haven't heard of anyone that has one.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »
Jan, I think they just came out with a smaller Staytion for 2020 and Wendy said in one of her Creativation classes that there were some improvements made.  I bet it addresses that problem.  I will see if I can find the video clip (it wasn't a great video so I didn't watch the whole thing but I think I remember who made it). 

Have you seen Tim demo the rainbow alcohol inking technique, credited to Jennifer McGuire?  I hadn't seen that done before.  So cool!
https://youtu.be/LCXZV4ukcg4 .   I love at the very end how if you turn the inked piece in the opposite direction, you get mountains.

I still love watching the distress glazes ... but yes, I think you can make translucent layers with other products.  We did have to let the faux beeswax dry ... EP gives almost instant gratification!  I will probably try to restrain myself!

Our local store owner showed some cute/quirky Paper Artsy stamps and stencils ... I will link to her Facebook page.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2020, 09:58:35 AM »
Ok, this video is horrible.  Sound is bad, camera moving all over the place, she talks over Wendy Vecchi, ugh!  I had to stop watching.  Hopefully link starts you at about 01:10 ish?  She had just passed out new smaller staytions, and she says "while we waiting" she wants to tell us that we may notice surface is shinier ... I think she is talking about staytion surface, ranger is improving ... then she recommends no Archival inks, and talks about some other surfaces .. silicone? craft sheet?  Maybe now she wants you to use protective layers over the Staytion?  Hopefully there is a good video out there showing Wendy demoing.

I am almost exclusively watching ScrapTimeVideos.  The others are just too long, shakey, wordy ....
Let us know if you find any good videos we should see!

Here's a bad one!  Ha!  But you may hear Wendy if you turn up the volume
https://youtu.be/UZExOJQhWT4?t=70
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:12:37 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »
If you're on FB

Everything Scrapbook and Stamps, my local-ish store.

If you stop her cell phone video you can get a closer look at some of the Paper Artsy stamps and stencils.

I love the bunnies and cows!

https://www.facebook.com/ESSinflorida/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDTXuiaHfsqTWtZEva2z-sf19RE-Nm-z-HeJuJqw3mtG4fh1CFz0zZAfrQa2ObsYidXUvepa6cwK02k
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2020, 10:12:11 AM »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2020, 12:03:41 PM »
I agree, the Scraptime videos are better.  I think they have a good setup and a real camera instead of a phone.  I got a headache watching some of the others yesterday.

I believe there is a craft mat that is sized to fit on the Make Art Stay-tion, but why not just cut one down? 

There was an Authentique big paper collection called Calendar, and I was really impressed by it!

https://youtu.be/ex2JURA5FsY

It would be expensive to buy the collection, but it could be really fun if you wanted to create both cards and a calendar. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2020, 06:58:42 PM »
Oh my goodness I was trying to watch video's last night and I was getting so sick, especially that girl that you shared her video of Wendy's, she is terrible she can't keep that camera still to save her life.  Scraptime has the best videos I have seen so far too.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »
Connie ... exactly!  Terrible video.  I look now to see who made the video and it's worth waiting for Scrap Time!  Many people have commented on Scrap Time Videos saying they should be the official media partner with Creativation.  I agree. 

Did you see Rita Barakat's canvas journals?  I don't paint much ... but I thought the fabric ATCs would be fun to play with.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2020, 10:32:34 AM »
Thanks for the link to Wendy’s video!  Yes, alcohol ink or harsh cleaners are not to be use on the stay-station.  I think I would still like the larger size.

I watch some videos last evening and my favorite was:
Video: A First Look at ALL the New Creativation Products   By Hedge Hollow. 
It shares quick overviews of brand new products. Certainly lots of paper crafting product but lots of other new crafting products too  Many new creative items!  …Jan