Author Topic: INK16 Heidi's Challenge (10/15-10/23) Winner Announced!  (Read 7146 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: INK16 Heidi's Challenge (10/15-10/23)
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »
Oh my other challenges are almost complete so I return with another polished stone.  This one has another use of the emboss resist-ghost like effect. 

Tim's description of this technique in chemistry 103 indicated that this technique does not work so well on Ranger's glossy paper because it is porous.  I remember several people had a hard time with the technique during a challenge at 2Peas so perhaps used different brands of glossy cardstock. I know at that time I was using a quality clay coated glossy paper from an online store that is now out of business. 

Tim also demonstrated that Ranger's Hickory Smoked Gray Archival ink makes a clearer image than archival black.  I really wish such changes on the use of products would be available on an on-going post on Ranger's website.

PS-I also learned now there is a Snow Cap Mixative which will lighten some of the darker alcohol inks to more of a pastel color.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:43:03 PM by Far North »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 08:05:24 PM »
Here are the first 2 cards I made using my polish stone backgrounds.

Halloween Cocktail

Witch

The witch card is a combo with Connie's challenge.
Sarah

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/thumbnails.php?album=91

Made two cards with the alcohol ink backgrounds.
I colored four of these little guy while watching tv last night.  Made two cards for you and two for Jan.
Tired now.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
Heidi, I had so much fun tonight!  Thanks for the push to get the alcohol inks out again.  Once they were out, I had trouble quitting! I'd start to clean up and then think about another color combo.  I made 8 polished stone backgrounds and a couple stripes and plaids just for fun.  I used glossy cardstock.  Only after I cleaned up (thanks to your question on the Go Fish thread, you prompted me to clean up after this project!), did I look at what everyone else has done.  Now I'd like to try yupo at some point, but that would probably occupy another whole night!  I'll wait till I finish some challenges.  I will post links tomorrow.  Thanks for this challenge!

I really enjoyed looking at all of the backgrounds and projects!  All of you have been very productive!  Beautiful results.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:17:42 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »
I love the color suggestions on the enchanted gallery site!  Great link!  I also watched part of Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking video as a refresher. 

I gave the colors I used, but now I remember I added some Snow Cap on one, but can't remember which! Maybe the blues?
Here are my backgrounds :
fall and bright
blues
greens
purples

Lots to play with!  Thanks Heidi!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »
So many of you have posted backgrounds (and lots of them) and projects!  I knew I would get myself into a pickle for counting the number of entries for the RAK, but I will take some time to figure it out.

I am so pleased that everyone is enjoying themselves! I was hesitant to offer this challenge because I thought you might not want to drag out your alcohol inks, so yay!

Sarah, I love your Halloween cards, you have some neat stamps to pair with your backgrounds.

Yankee, I just love your new cute stamps!!!  What are they? I have never seen them before anywhere.

Jan reminded me of that technique of stamping the archival ink and then rubbing it off (although I tried it tonight and it didn't really work for some reason, i think I had A LOT of AI on my background.)

Stampwilly has the most beautiful peacock background and stamp combo!

I am so thankful that you all are able to participate in my challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »
Heidi, check-out my note #17 below for what Tim says about the ink resist technique.
...Jan

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »
I used my backgrounds to stamp flowers, cute them out and punch out leaves!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2996#top_display_media

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »
I've finally posted all the cards I made last weekend combining your challenge with Connie's.  Thanks again for a great challenge.

White Tree

Ornaments

Gold Tree

Gold Snowflake
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 02:12:56 PM »
Finally, a finished card!  Mojo has been missing!

Off to visit the gallery!  So much fun seeing what everyone has done.

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 07:29:51 AM »
Oh wow, we are at the last day of the fest. All your projects are lovely!  You all are really good at the polished stone technique.  You have through the night to post your projects, I will start taking a count of them on Monday morning. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 10:36:24 PM »
I made a card for Jan's Holiday Stylin challenge and your challenge using one of my polished stone backgrounds and another piece of glossy cs that I swiped off some AI on from another polished stone background (it is now church windows)!

Here is my Holiday Stylin card with a polished stone sky.

Thanks for the challenge, Heidi!  It has been a fun week.  I have the beginnings of one more card that will use my green polished stone ... but that will have to wait till another day!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »
I finished one more card with my polished stone backgrounds.  I combined this one with Spotty Dotty.

Turkey Tree
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 07:46:04 AM »
Awesome that you gals got a couple more projects done at the last minute.  They are lovely.

A little later this morning I will start figuring out how many entries everyone has and then will choose the rak winner!

Thanks to everyone for playing along!
~~Heidi~~