Author Topic: Ranger - Excellent Customer Service!  (Read 1426 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Ranger - Excellent Customer Service!
« on: May 15, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
I ordered a Ranger Heat tool from Amazon in January of this year.  I immediately put it into use.  It worked so well for drying canvas projects, card backgrounds, and just about anything I was working on.  Before getting this tool I used a Marvy heat embossing tool from about 20 years ago, and yes 20 years that stupid thing has worked.  It blows a concentrated stream of hot air and will blow things around.  For smaller pieces or heat setting ink I had to always hold the project down.  So I loved my new Ranger heat tool because it really dried things well but did not blow smaller pieces around. 

Well, I went to use the Ranger heat tool the other night and it would not work.  I tried another outlet, turned it off and on, and said a variety of swear words.  None of those fixes worked.  So I pulled out the 20 year old Marvy tool and heat set what I was working on.  So yesterday I went to Rangers web site and sent them an email explaining my experience with their heat tool and telling them I thought their heat tools should last longer then 5 months.  I got a nice email back wanting pictures of said heat tool and a number off of it. 

So I took a couple of pictures of the heat tool laying on the top of my collection of dylusions paint and sprays (I know it was cheesy but I wanted them to know I also own lots of other Ranger products).  This morning I got another email saying a brand new heat tool will be on its way to me......Now that is what I call good customer service.

Hopefully this heat tool will work longer then 5 months.  The thing is most Ranger products are made to last so it surprised me that their heat tool didn't. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Ranger - Excellent Customer Service!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
That is great to hear!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:41:02 PM »
Cool Sadie!!  That is great! 

I too have had a great experience with Ranger customer service.  During our last festival, some may remember my trouble with that stinky EP that took FOREVER to melt and gave off a sweet smell....well I wrote them an email and sent pics too (and also asked questions about why it's stinks and clumps) and they responded with a nice email explaining all they know about EP and informed me they were going to send out a brand new EP--despite I had had the other one for about 3-4 years.  I was so happy!  The new EP does not stink and it melts just like the other EP.  The person from Ranger that worked with me also gave troubleshooting suggestions I could try so we could both know if the EP was "faulty"--which I thought was neat.  In the end after trying those suggestions, it was bad EP so they replaced it.

When a company will work with you, help you, or answer any questions you may have, I feel so much more confident about buying their products.
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »
Sorry to hear you had a problem with your heat gun Sadie!  Many folk had problems when the first came out and I thought buying one 9 months after they came on the market was long enough to get all the bad ones out-of-stock cause folks were buying these as faster than they could keep them stocked. But mine did the same thing as yours in the 2nd month...and I went through the same drill you did.  The new one arrived very fast and it has now worked well for several years and I wish you the same experience!

Sadie, it sounds like it was working well for you but perhaps others don't know how to work with it's features.  I find one of the best features of Ranger's Heat-It is that it is very quiet. It is designed to disperse the hot air across some distance so it can dry all our wet colorant products.  But that means it might take longer to heat emboss.  Tim suggests holding your paper in the air off your working surface so the heat can go through the paper as well as holding the gun approximately an inch away from the you paper. And if you are embossing a very small item use a small piece of double-sided tape to attach it a larger scrap so you do not burn your fingers.