Author Topic: September Distress Color!  (Read 1903 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
September Distress Color!
« on: September 04, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »
I happened to see this on an email from the Scrapbooking store 150 miles away.  I haven't looked at Tim's website yet to see what he has to say.  But .......the new Sept. color is..........Wilted Violet.

So for those who wanted a purple here it is........

Here is the link to Tim's announcement and comparison.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:42:14 PM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: September Distress Color!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
Also here is a link to Ranger's release this month.  The 2nd set of mini distress for the year is out too.

http://rangerink.com/new-distress-2015-i-wilted-violet-and-new-dina-wakley-media-dylusions-wendy-vecchi-and-more-distress/

I like the purple. I did not have a chance to watch the video I just looked at the photo of it.  I am running out of space in my craft area, so I am considering just getting the mini's for the ones I like and the reinkers.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 11:38:13 AM »
Yea, finally a great purple color!  I was starting to get nervous that we may not see a new purple this season...glad it is finally here!

Heidi, I too am giving thought to an alternative to the regular sized ink pads.  So far I have only purchased 2 colors because my plastic box is full.  I was thinking of the minis but for now they can only be purchased in a set of 4. The second set of 4 mini's was also released on Friday. But for now I giving thought to just the a marker for the colors I like.  Time will tell.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 04:26:50 PM »
yeah a purple!  and I really thought that concord grape was a purple-purple---but this one seems more like a true purple--though I know thats an odd statement since it takes 2 colors to make purple...but anyways...

I love seeing the color comparisons each month and I find them entertaining how different they look to me compared to IRL.    The comparison chart makes me rethink the Shaded Lilac---I had really wanted to get that one sometime, but it looks BLUE in the chart TH shows so now I'm not sure...
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:21:12 PM »
I actually picked this one up.  And I really like it.  It is definitely the most "true" purple of the Distress Inks.  And I used it with Twisted Citron and Spiced Marmalade for the base for a Halloween card and I really like that combo.

Melissa - I really like the shaded lilac (way more that the milled lavender), but you are right, it is on the bluer end of the spectrum.  It really makes me think of periwinkle.  But it is a pretty color and I use it often, especially combined with Dusty Concord.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 11:46:43 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Craft Nerd!  It is hard to believe that the new color is coming out already tomorrow.  Time has flown by!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »
I've got this one on my wish list! I haven't seen it yet in person but from cards I've seen on Pinterest and Instagram it looks like it's more of a true purple.

Craft nerd, I bet it looks great on Halloween cards!
LeighAnn