Author Topic: October Distress Color......  (Read 1974 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
October Distress Color......
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
Well, it's the first Friday of the month.........the color is..........Carved Pumpkin!  It is a really pretty orange.  I was hoping for an orange and here it is.

Tim Holtz's blog with announcement.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: October Distress Color......
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:12:51 AM »
It would appear he is also releasing some new products again.....

TIm Holtz paper mosaic kit which appears to be grout, glue, and glaze......looks like about the same amount of work as installing tile.

TIm Holtz distress glitter dust.......how wonderful, said sarcastically, not only can one get glitter all over but now there is glitter dust.

TIm Holtz distress splatter brush........I wonder how much this will cost?  I have seen people using similar brushes for splatter on youtube.

Tim Holtz distress Replacement Flip Tops.......Well did someone finally figure out that those dabbers are crappy after a person has used them several times and they dry out.......I hope these aren't too expensive so I can afford to replace those crappy dobber tops with flip tops.  I think they should just give these to those of us who already own the distress paint.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
Awesome!  I like it. I like that it is just plain orange!  I had a feeling we might get orange this month. 

Sadie, you are so funny. I love your comments about the glitter. 

~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:48 PM »
Sadie, that's funny about the glitter!

I like the color. It's a really nice orange and the name fits it perfectly!
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 10:35:42 PM »
Sadie - your commentary on the new products made me smile.

I'm not seeing that big of a difference between Carved Pumpkin and Spiced Marmalade.  I love the name, but it seems to be so close to Spiced Marmalade that I'm not inclined to get it.  I was hoping it would be brighter. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »
Sadie - your commentary on the new products made me smile.

I'm not seeing that big of a difference between Carved Pumpkin and Spiced Marmalade.  I love the name, but it seems to be so close to Spiced Marmalade that I'm not inclined to get it.  I was hoping it would be brighter.

I think that if you didn't already have spiced marmalade, you could get Carved pumpkin and just add some brown to get the spiced marmalade look. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »
I have spiced marmalade and don't see a need for the new pumpkin, especially when you look at the stamped image comparisons.  I can't see a difference.

I like your comments about the new products Sadie!  That spatter brush looks long enough to spatter the entire room!  I think it would be dangerous in my hands!

I hope the flip tops are cheap too, like you said, they should be free, but since they won't be ... then they should be cheap, cheap!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »
I hadn't looked at the spatter brush until your comment, Cindi.  Goodness that thing is huge.  Are we sure it is for cardmaking and not painting your walls.  Yikes.
Sarah