Author Topic: December Distress Color  (Read 1814 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
December Distress Color
« on: December 05, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »
Here is the last new color for 2015.  Too bad they didn't bring this one out last month so people could have used it for Christmas.  But I guess it will work for valentines day.  I wonder if this is now the end of the new colors for the distress line?  I think there are now 64 colors which is a pretty full line for craft paint.

Tim says this is a pretty color to complete the distress line, I wonder if that means no more new colors?  It is a pretty color as are all the individual colors and I am sure anyone who has the distress line will buy this one too.  I can say I don't think I am interested in anymore colors if they do this again in 2016.  The colors would need to be a bigger difference for me to buy anymore distress paints. 

I don't look for the dylusions line to expand, I bet with all the trouble ranger has had with that line it goes away this year.  My pink and red are all gloppy and I put more moisture in every time I opened them so I am not buying anymore of these.  Ranger hasn't put the time and effort into the dylusions or the Dina wakley line like they have the distress line. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: December Distress Color
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:00:39 AM »
Here is Ranger's announcement too:
http://rangerink.com/new-distress-2015-i-candied-apple/

I like it but I need to watch the video to see if it is that much different from the red I have. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 11:11:23 AM »
When he shared all the new distress colors in rainbow order, they did make sense to me.   The trends lately have been brights, so this is distress version of brights.  If you had none, it would be good to get all those colors as a start to distress.  However, I do now think I may collect all the minis in the sets when Joann has another 50% off sale. 

It will be interesting to see what else Ranger has in store to keep up with the mixed media products.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:06:04 PM »
Over the years Ranger has release the main distress inks first and the brights have been added separately--including the alcohol inks.  I too am only buying the mini pads. 

Stamper’s Anonymous announced Distress Mini Kit #14 includes: Wilted Violet, Carved Pumpkin, Lucky Clover, and Candied Apple shipment from the manufacturer begins12/8/15.  Stamper’s Anonymous has lower their shipping charges to $1.00 for this month. 

JoAnn's usually has a 50% off stamps and accessories in January...please post if anyone sees it before I do.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »
Good info about Stampers Anonymous.

Joann does have good prices, but they did not have any but one set of 4 of this year's distress inks when I looked. They sometime seem not to get the new ones as quickly as other stores, probably because they mark things down so deeply???
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »
since all I got from this last time was the pumpkin I will be looking out for the minis to get them all that way.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 08:57:35 AM »
I can't decide if it's much different than festive berries? It seems like a nice bright red. I have started to purchase the minis in colors I don't have. My storage space is limited and it makes it easier for me.

I wonder if he will continue new colors next year as well?
LeighAnn