Author Topic: Stashbuster Challenge 2022  (Read 1713 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Stashbuster Challenge 2022
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2022, 01:13:12 PM »
Here are two sets of cards I made from the same birthday paper pad. I already had a bunch of scraps in the pad, so I was able to use most of them.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2022, 07:58:38 PM »
April you did a great job using those papers and some very neat designs too that I haven't seen before, cute stamps and images to go with them!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2022, 10:09:38 AM »
I love the cards everyone is making using up their paper!  So much fun to see.
April, those are super cheery birthday cards.  I like the stair-stepped scraps you used in the top row of cards.  Something different and it looks great!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2022, 08:17:04 PM »
I used scraps from Echo Park, Lori Whitlock, This and That Graceful 6x6 pad.
The card design idea came from one of MayMay Made Its stash busting videos.  Her cards went faster.   Using multiple colors of ink on the front, and especially die cutting the sentiment and the mat for the sentiment slowed me down, but I'm happy with the result.

I made a total of 12 A2 landscape cards.  The front of the card is cut short by 3/4 of an inch.  The pp strip (1 inch) along the bottom is adhered to the inside of the card and shows to the front.

I need to come up with layouts that use more paper!  Ha!  Twelve 1 inch strips and sentiment flags didn't make a huge dent.  Oh well.  I need Thank You cards!

Printed Paper : Echo Park
Stamps : Thank You is Dare2BArtsy, sentiment strip is Taylored Expressions, unknown flourish from a set called Bold Flowers (Fiskars maybe?)
Dies :  Taylored Expressions Simple Strips and Simple Strips Backer
Inks : Versafine Onyx Black, Wendy Vecchi Archival Leaf Green

Thanks for the challenge Heidi.  I hope to do more.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 08:21:36 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2022, 09:30:34 PM »
Those are very pretty Cindi, great idea for those extra strips!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2022, 10:53:08 PM »
Thanks Connie!  If it wasn't for those sub-sentiment strips they would have been pretty quick to make.  They are on a big stamp full of sentiment strips, there is a die that cuts the whole thing in to many strips.  Then another die that cuts the mats.  Since I made my cards all using the same sentiment I put a scrap of paper behind just the mat I wanted 12 times.  Now that I think about it, I could have just cut strips of paper on my trimmer and hand cut the dove-tail, probably a lot faster, or left the mat rectangular.  Oh well, I have lots of sentiments stamped and cut now. 
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2022, 10:28:17 AM »
Pretty cards, Cindi. I know you are glad you got them done.  :smile:

April

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2022, 03:49:05 PM »
Somehow I cut two extra cards yesterday with the same shortened front flap.  Today I finished them using more of the same 6x6 pp pad.
This time I added printed paper to the top, 2 more pieces gone, ha!

The green card uses a flower from the TH ephemera pack, Field Notes.  I added pink stickles to the flower, then patted some of it off because I wanted it to be more transparent.  Washi tape along the front, top edge is 49 & Market assorted stitch set.  Die sentiment is Die-Versions.

On the second card I saved the front from a card I messed up when I stamped the inside.  Cut it down and placed on more patterned paper.  The butterfly and mushroom are from the same TH ephemera pack.  I added sparkle pen to the butterfly. 

There is still quite a bit of paper in this 6x6 pack ...  you will probably be seeing more of it! 
Thanks again for this challenge Heidi!

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2022, 09:24:37 AM »
They look great Cindi and I bet it feels good to be getting those thank you cards done, that is a pretty paper pack and I like how you saved the second card. The stickles are a nice effect to the flower.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2022, 09:53:52 AM »
Good morning.
I'm still staring at the same paper pack and trying to get motivated to make Father's Day cards. 
I have to admit, the thought has occurred to me to just throw the rest of it away, but there is still some cool paper in it. 
That's one way of stash busting, right?  Toss or donate?   HaHa! You don't find too many youtube videos demonstrating that technique! 

I finished one more card and 90% of another last night while watching the College Softball World Series.  When I look at one of them this morning, I think my head was on a little crooked again. 

I think I'll leave it for a bit and come back to it later.

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2022, 11:04:25 AM »
Oh if I still have even one more piece of good paper I can't throw it away, or give it away for that matter, LOL!
I had to laugh about your head being crocked, when I cut anything in half for hubby and I to share I can never get it in half, it is always off, he said how in the world do you make your cards and they turn out and I say I really have no idea but some of them aren't always straight ;)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2022, 12:35:01 PM »
Cindi, your cards are pretty! That is a pretty paper pack. I am hoping to use up some paper on the Christmas cards I make this month.

Apri :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2022, 09:18:48 AM »
April, I love the great cards you made with the brown birthday theme paper and Penny Black images.  They are all so cute!  Way to go with the theme!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2022, 09:20:43 AM »
Cindi! I really like that card design with the shortened flap!  That is a great spot to put patterned paper.  I also like the ones with the paper also on the front of the card.  I will need to remember that one. Way to go with all those thank you cards made!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2022, 09:22:39 AM »
Good morning.
I'm still staring at the same paper pack and trying to get motivated to make Father's Day cards. 
I have to admit, the thought has occurred to me to just throw the rest of it away, but there is still some cool paper in it. 
That's one way of stash busting, right?  Toss or donate?   HaHa! You don't find too many youtube videos demonstrating that technique! 

You are hilarious!  I have thrown out (recycled) a couple pieces of paper of the years that I knew I would never use.  There are some in my scrapbooking papers with huge sayings on them that are unusable unless you just framed them.  I am thinking of putting all those 12x12’s together and donating them (once I am finished with the scrapbooks).  Some are even too garish for any envelope!
~~Heidi~~