Author Topic: Tim Holtz Tags November 2015  (Read 7937 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Tim Holtz Tags November 2015
« on: November 12, 2015, 11:51:58 AM »
Well Stampwilly inspired me to do the November Tim Holtz tag and link it to his blog.  I had fun doing it and I didn't do it exactly because of course I didn't have all the product that Tim uses.  But I tried. 

Here is the November 2015 Tag done my way.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:54:28 AM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Tim Holtz Tags November 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Sadie, your tag turned out great! I don't always have all the supplies either, but he just wants us to be creative with what we have. I love trying his techniques and I have learned a lot from the tags each month. Glad you played along! :smile:

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 04:01:12 PM »
Your tag looks great!  I really like the golden edges!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:49:59 AM »
Way to go on winning the prize this month, Sadie!  So Stampwilly one last month and you won this month, I am proud to be part of this talented group!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
How great is that?  Who is going to try next month?  The Christmas tag is a doozy!

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »
Ok, I did one for December. It's the first time I've ever done one of Tim's. I am always so intimidated by his acumen and don't have many of his supplies. But this one I just used what I had. I do wish I had some white paint so I could have done the sprinkling but oh well.
Here is the link... Hmmm.. the insert link button isn't working so guess I gotta copy and paste it. LOL

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kzembroidery/23754166671/in/dateposted-public/

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 09:18:30 PM »
Super fun tag, Kathy!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 09:28:34 AM »
SWLady I really like your tag!  I am sorry I didn't notice it before, I guess my iPad window isn't big enough to show the whole forum index, haha! 

I think doing the tags and watching Mr. Holtz do the different techniques have really helped me to feel comfortable with the distress product line.  I think I did all but two of the monthly tags, but only posted November and Decembers on his website.  I have followed along and tried to do the same techniques he uses even if I don't have the exact product he uses.  He is a good teacher for his products and I assume he does these tags to sell the newest products.  I counted last month and there were around 330 people who posted tags on his website so that means there are a lot more then that who follow along.  A certain percentage probably does go out and buy the product he showcases. 

Hopefully it will be your month to win!  I am kind of hoping I don't win, the $25 gift certificate at Simon Says Stamps became a lot more in sales for them and I'm not sure that I can afford it again so soon!  That gift for winning is genius cause you know if I have a "gift" for shopping I might as pick up more, right? 

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 03:21:18 PM »
Kathy, sorry I missed your tag when posted but it is terrific...love the burlap!  I played his first challenges that were in December for a few years but the timing was difficult and was so glad when he change to the monthly tags.  But after a few years of that I needed to take a break.  Now I am glad to see the re-mix.  Particularly if he updates some of the techniques. Kathy I hope you continue to post your work!
...Jan