Author Topic: christmas stamp swap--2017. Please check 1st post for possible updates  (Read 8328 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Update: most of how this swap will work is in a posting down about 3 posts. If possible I will try to place any significant changes in this initial post.

Heidi & Cindi both spoke about the possibility of our doing a swap of Christmas stamps--image & sentiment.
I hope they don't mind my starting a thread  :smitten:
As was said, probably best to decide whether to try swapping before Christmas or postpone til after .
My vote is for before.  We have the rest of Nov & some of Dec to do it. Yeah I know many are busy, But I believe we can keep things simple & getter done with a minimum of fuss.
Majority rules on whether we do before or after.
Do y'all think a week to hear from members is enuf?
I figure we can pm folks to let them know about this
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:41:18 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: christmas stamp swap--2017
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »
Before is okay with me, but if we need to delay, that is okay too.

I have at least one set of stamps (wood block) and a few others that I could bundles for a swap. I would be okay with posting photos of what I have, if that would make it easier. 

Daniel, did you PM a bunch of people? 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
Before is ok with me too.  Thanks for starting this thread, this is where it belongs, under Swaps!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 02:13:39 PM »
Cindi brought up in PM whether this is going to be stamps on loan, or stamps to pass on completely.  I could do either. I definitely do have stamps I think I have used enough.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »
Before is fine with me too. I vote to send stamps to keep so we don't have to mail them a second time. It would be nice if we could get them in the mail by Dec. 3rd or something like that so we can use a few before Christmas! Hey that might be a Dec. challenge to make a card using some of your gifted stamps!

April :smile:

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 02:45:01 PM »
Heidi.  I pm'd Jan April Nora
I'll take lead if you want me to.  So I hearby designate Cindi & Heidi members of the swaps steering committee! :laughhard: That way we can vote on things if necessary & have a majority.
Cindi opined in response to my PM that she assumed this swap would be a loan style one. I figured it was a keeper style one.
Here's what I suggest we do given the need for (some) speed.
1. We make this a swap where we send fellow swAppers our  images/sentiments stamped in black on white paper or thin CS.  Swappers can request up to 3 stampings of any image.
2. In order to help all interested In participating, we each go thru our stashes &--using 8x12 white-- stamp our choices. For those opting to include hand drawn images, use the same format. Once you have a page upload it to our gallery so everyone can decide who & what to swap. Once you've uploaded let us know on this thread.
3. All swapping details should be done using pm between participating members. Example: if I like some of C or H's shown images, I contact them via pm & we work out our details. Get it? :knuppel2:
4. We shoot for mailing our stuff by end of the first week in Dec.
5. I formally declare this swap open. Bless all who sail in it  ::)
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Okay. Those who wish to send keepers of actual stamps may do so. However... They are requested to state what they are willing to exchange for--keeper stamps or stamped images. Ok?
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »
And another request for keeper stamp-swappers.
Please upload stamped versions so we can see what you willing to share.
Ok?
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: christmas stamp swap--2017. Please check 1st post for possible updates
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »
I put a page of 9 hand drawn Daniel originals in the gallery under 'other projects'.
If any of them interest you PM me & we'll see how it goes.
Because these are not stamps, I'll ask that anyone with access to a copier not request multiples. IF you're unable to get copies made I will do up to 3 duplicates, but ask that you select no more than 4 different drawings.
And unless you really need them on CS, I'll be doing them on decent weight paper.
I may do another batch of drawings if time permits.
One thing I didn't mention in the gallery--size.
Each drawn image is about 3"x3" or 4".
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 05:07:55 PM »
Can I photograph the stamps themselves, instead of stamping them out?  Especially for ones that have the image on the woodblock, or a cover sheet on the stamp set?

So, this is kindof like an auction/swap?  First come, first served for choosing swapmates? Or would we wait until we knew everyone who was interested first?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 05:36:17 PM »
Okay, I have looked high and low on the board and can not find the start-up thread for this swap--it is not 3 down on this thread.  Please a written out path or a link..would most appreciated.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 05:51:18 PM »
WTG Heidi. Great Qs!
If you're offering to send actual stamps, show them in the way that works best.

Those offering stamped images will need to show them.
Those offering original art ditto.

I'm not sure how we'll want to handle some things. But let's see what people think about this...
1. Those offering actual stamps: you decide if you want to send all to one swapmate or if you get 2 or 3 interested swapmates & you have x number of stamps. I'd give first contact the option of receiving half the keepers & stamped images of the remaining ones. Second swapmate gets the reverse.

For those just having stamped images/original art? Up to you how many swapmates you can accommodate.

I think it's probably fairest if each of us shares what they'll be offering (stamps, stamped images, original art or a combination).
We should include what we will accept in exchange.
No one--especially me--will be offended if working with non stamp stuff isn't what you're looking for.  And how many swapmates as a separate post on this thread. Ok?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:24:00 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 06:03:06 PM »
Okay, I have looked high and low on the board and can not find the start-up thread for this swap--it is not 3 down on this thread.  Please a written out path or a link..would most appreciated.
Sorry Jan! Because of tight time & other considerations we fumbling our way.
I believe reply #5 starts most of the information. That said we're still a swap in creation. So we ask everyone to bear with us.
If there are things you're not sure about, ask me. Cindi & Heidi designated me as the lead for this.
Our primary goal is to give all who want to participate a chance.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:05:00 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »
I will only have original art to offer any swapmates.
I am willing to swap with up to 3 others.
I am willing to accept stamped images, original art &/or keeper stamps.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
I have several stamp sets I am willing to gift to another person here.  I will post 4 photos in the gallery in the project parts section.

I would prefer stamps in return, at least on loan, because I like to do techniques with them, if possible.  There are several stamp sets, so I could swap with more than one person.  Also, I would probably want to send stamps in a small bubble mailer, to save postage.  Those usually cost about $2.50 - $3.50 to send.  I wonder what the small priority mail box is like. I haven’t looked at the boxes in a while...

I might be able to come up with more stamps to swap, too.  I just quickly went through them this morning.  All of these are in good shape to stamp with, I just have made enough cards with them, and am a touch afraid of repeating images to recipients (since I don’t keep track).

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3716#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3715#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3714#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3713#top_display_media
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:59:22 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~