Author Topic: November ATC swap *partners posted!  (Read 10502 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: November ATC swap *partners posted!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »
I posted the swap list in the opening post.

Jan- I'm not sure. if I recall you can see the dryer sheet and it does look a little abstract. I wonder if it matters what kind and how much glitter you use? I know a lot of the tutorials the stamper is using the dazzling diamond glitter from stampin up. I've used Martha Stewart glitter in the past with this technique.

The first time I attempted this was for a fest that Daria hosted at 2ps. I misunderstood and did my stamping on top of the dryer sheet :laughhard:. It was interesting!
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »
Quote from: lovepug2 link=topic=791.msg11758#msg11758 date=1446911974
The first time I attempted this was for a fest that Daria hosted at 2ps. [/quote

That was the one and only time I tried this technique.  I'm looking forward to giving it another try.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »
After 8 full trial ATC’s with this technique I found my favorite results are with Claudine Hellmuth’s multi-medium, Stickles Dry Fine Glitter-star dust (also tried Judikins very fine glitter which is very similar but has stronger color highlights).  But whether I used the Xyron or gel medium I cannot tell if the dryer sheet serves any purpose other than some texture wrinkles.  But the results of both are a glitter covered paper with a haze over the stamped images even with well used dryer sheets.  As Sadie said dark, bold images seem to work best.  To use the hazy, out of focus look at its best I decided my personal preference is to use it as a background technique and to add a focal piece on top.  LeighAnn’s Prickly Pear resource is the only place I have seen this type of use of the technique since commercial cards made in the 1950’s.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »
Jan, I'm glad you found a good medium!

I am working on this tonight. I thought while I was at it, I might make a few Christmas cards with this technique.
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »
Well, Sadie's ATC is ready for mailing, but I drove right past the post office today and forgot to stop!  Tomorrow for sure!

I used a xyron to stick the dryer sheet to my ATC base.  It worked, but I think next time I'll try Jan's suggestion of multi medium.  I think it would be stickier and hold the glitter better.

I did this technique years ago at a Stampin Up stamp camp.  I know we used SU dazzling diamonds glitter.  You want to make sure you use a transparent glitter.
I can't remember for sure what adhesive we used, but I bet it was glue stick.  There are some SU youtube videos out there.

Someone mentioned having a hard time working with the small ATC size.  I cut my dryer sheet larger than the focal piece, added super sticky tape to the back and folded the excess dryer sheet to the back to try to keep edges from lifting up, then I glued it to an ATC sized mat.

Thanks for hostessing LeighAnn!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »
I did this technique years ago at a Stampin Up stamp camp.  I know we used SU dazzling diamonds glitter.  You want to make sure you use a transparent glitter.

Cindi, I did not understand why you said to use transparent glitter in your last post.  I have been trying to find out what makes dazzling diamonds glitter so special and I was thinking my glitter was too fine and it feels like too much to me even though it is pretty. It is very hard to know the differences of a product if one has not used  or even seen it.  I  reviewed tons of videos and tutorials trying to learn more.  I felt all except Prickly Pear were affiliated with SU so decided it was a promotional technique for one of their products.  But I still have not heard anyone else  say say why the use a transparent glitter.  Then today I tried to scan my ATC...oh my it looks like dirty spots not sparkly.  Perhaps I should have used the rock candy glitter. So I thought I would share this heads up if others are still trying to create with this technique.

I mailed Kathy's ATC today.
...Jan
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:35:43 PM by Far North »

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 08:25:29 AM »
I got mine finished and its in the mail today to Yankee.

I found it hard to get a good picture of the glitter.
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »
I need to work on my ATC today.  I just haven't been feeling very inspired for some reason.  I have a ton of tree stamps, but nothing is calling to me.   :-\
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 09:17:05 AM »
I mailed mine yesterday.  It should be well on its way.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 10:35:41 PM »
I put mine in the mail today. I agree, it is hard to get a nice picture that shows the glittery goodness.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 09:52:37 AM »
I just got home from a little vacation and Yankee's ATC was in my mail! 

It is super sparkly and very pretty!  It came in a beautiful, watercolor fall card.
I love it Yankee!  Thank you!
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 11:33:38 AM »
I received happy mail today.  I got a beautiful card and ATC from Iring.  The ATC is fabulous, the ink is different colors and it shows perfectly.  The dryer sheet is barely noticeable.  And it sparkles really well.  The added embellishments make it perfect.  Thank you Iring for an all around wonderful ATC.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
I got my ATC from Jan yesterday. It is lovely! Thank you Jan!

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »
Happy mail today.  My ATC from LeighAnn arrived.  Looks great, she used several colors, and words.  Everything crisp and glittery!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »
My ATC went postal today and is on its way to Jan.
Sarah