Author Topic: Happy Mail Swap-totally stamping  (Read 9802 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Happy Mail Swap-totally stamping
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2016, 07:46:43 PM »
I received my card from Cindi!!  I was not surprised at her color combination!  She did use some stamps that are really fun!  Please share, Cindi!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 09:23:38 PM »
I received my pretty card from Heidi yesterday. I love the stamp and colors she used! Thanks, Heidi. :smile:

April

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
I was not surprised at her color combination!

Haha!  Heidi must know I'm working on my daughter's purple wedding invites.  When my first pass didn't go so well, I went with the purples that were already out!

Here is the swap card I mailed to Heidi.

Here is the extra card I made to keep.

And here is the first pass I made with a different set of stamps.  This might be similar to the look Jan got with a seed burst stamp?  The little dots get all mixed up over each other.  I like the look I got with the balloons better.

Jan asked us to take Yana's background and change it up a little.  I went with balloons, and two step stamping rather than flowers.  The solid balloon, confetti and polka dots are from the SU Celebrate Today set.  I used a Fontwerks flower to decorate the silver balloons.  You can see the shimmer of the silver inks best in the 2nd photo.

Thanks for the swap Jan!  This was a fun technique once I found the right stamps and inks.  The solid balloon was a little challenging to find ink that didn't bead up and gave a good solid image, and was light enough to layer with a print.  In the end I like the way it looks like you can see through the balloons where they overlap.  I used 6 inks and 5 stamps on the swap piece.

Tip : I used a Fantastix brush tip coloring tool to color the edge of the sentiment banners.  I wanted to ink the edges to give them matching mats, but couldn't get in that inside corner with the ink pad.  The Fantastix looks like a foam crayon that I could press in to the ink pad and color the edge.  I wouldn't want to do a lot of coloring with it, but it did the trick for this application.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 03:01:36 PM »
It's a happy mail day!  Thanks for your pretty card Kathy!  Made my day!
Cindi

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 02:15:29 PM »
Here is the card I sent to Iring.

Happy Mail

I had fun with this one. Had trouble finding a stamp I liked but I would definitely do this again!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 02:21:32 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to post, I am still having trouble accessing the site at times.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2868#top_display_media

:)
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 08:20:06 PM »
I love all the different terrific looks we achieved with this technique!  I too will keep it on my keeper list!  Thanks all for playing...until next time!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2016, 08:30:25 PM »
Early in the swap I mentioned I had an idea ... it was to make a Christmas background!  I can't remember if I had a stamp in mind but some ornament stamps might work.  Then I realized it was kind of early for me to send Kathy a Christmas card!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »
LOL Cindi, you got me!!  I totally thought your Christmas ornament would be a great...and was ready to ask why you didn't do it.  You could use little tree boughs as filler.  I hope you do get a chance to do once your focus is past the wedding.

Funny thing is I was gonna do autumn leaves because much my outdoor foliage got a bad infection and we are already seeing partial gold and funky brown leaves...and some are on the ground.  But I too nixed the idea as being too early.  But it may happen in September.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 08:27:40 AM »
Autumn leaves would be pretty too!  I hope we see more of these backgrounds in the gallery.
Cindi