Author Topic: October KIAE Swap/Challenge--Projects 'due' by 10/31  (Read 13531 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
October KIAE Swap/Challenge--Projects 'due' by 10/31
« on: September 26, 2014, 01:12:47 PM »
KIAE's on-going mission is to explore crafting (especially stamping) in a 'relaxed' atmosphere of friendly cooperation--friends sharing with one-another in a very simple manner. (Wow! I wrote that without busting my gut from laughing!  O0)

Here's the 'skinny' on joining the swap...

You will agree to assemble 2 duplicate 'kits' of materials--1 to keep & 1 to mail.

The kit must fit in a 'regular' envelope--4x9 or 5x7. No specialty envelopes permitted.

Your kit must include a minimum of 3 stamped images--each image must be done a minimum of 2 times. All other kit materials are at your descretion, but kits must be identical.

Theme: With a nod to our PARTY, the theme will be Party Hearty!. That means that the required projects from both your kept & received kits will include something that is 'heart'-related. It does not mean that you are required to include heart materials in your kit--that's your choice.

Each required project must use a minimum of 3 items from the respective kit (please share what kit materials were used).

DEADLINES!

Kits must be mailed on or before 10/4/14--no exceptions; no excuses. :knuppel2: :laugh:

Project sharing in the gallery on or before 10/31/14

Special notes for Oct. : You may (in fact I recommend) looking over the Party challenges as you build your kit. That way you can use them for any of the 'PCs' as you may. And if you mail in a timely fashion, your swapmate may be able to use their received materials when Daria has her '2nd chance' challenge.

If I've missed anything you need to know? Ask!

Hugs to y'all

Here are the send-to names:
Dan > Cindi
Cindi > Heidi
Heidi > Sadie
Sadie > Sarah
Sarah > Kathy
Kathy > Dan

Chances are most of us have mailing addresses already. If not, PM those swappers as needed.  :smile:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:22:47 AM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: October KIAE Swap/Challenge--Info & Sign-up (sign-up deadline is 9/30)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »
Okay, I am in.  Hearts. I can do that. 

So we have no requirements for the kit except the stamped images, but our finished products must have a heart.

I think I 've got it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
You got it, Heidi! We are officially a 'swap'! O0
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
Um .... won't it be difficult to gear our kits toward party challenges when we're not supposed to look at the challenges until October 4th, and the kits must be mailed on the 4th?   ???

Maybe we could keep the envie unsealed for a last minute addition ... but it seems like it should be mostly packed by the 4th.  Or I'm just slow at kit assembly    :-\

Nevertheless, please sign me up!
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »
Sure sign me up too!  I can do hearts and party hearty.......LOL!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
Sign me up also!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:50 AM »
Um .... won't it be difficult to gear our kits toward party challenges when we're not supposed to look at the challenges until October 4th, and the kits must be mailed on the 4th?   ???

Maybe we could keep the envie unsealed for a last minute addition ... but it seems like it should be mostly packed by the 4th.  Or I'm just slow at kit assembly    :-\

Nevertheless, please sign me up!

Good 'Qs', Cindi! We can look over the names of the various challenges without knowing what they are--i.e. my party challenge is 'Holi-Daze'. There's a thread with names in the Planning forum. And... We don't have to 'gear' our kits to the party--it's just an option.  OK? :smile:  The only requirement that truly matters is that our kits get mailed on or before 10/4/14.

I am so pleased to see all of you who have signed on so far! Sign-ups remain open til midnight EST 9/30 AND I will post matchups on 10/1. BUT... I strongly urge all of us not to wait for the matchs before building our kits. We're really 'tight' with this month's mailing deadline & that deadline is written in stone. :D
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 08:21:23 AM »
I wasn't sure if I was going to have the time to put together kits for this month but as I have an unexpected day off today (the roofers are here), sign me up.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
Yay, Sarah! Glad you're joining us!

I have a few more items to add to my kit(s), but I'm in good shape.

Still time for other AIs to join in. I'll post the match-ups tomorrow (early as I can)
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: October KIAE Swap/Challenge--'Send-tos in OP (mailing deadline is 10/4)
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:29 AM »
I have an address for Cindi (Iring) & Kathy (SWLady) probably has mine.

My kits are done & I'm ready to mail, but for those still packing... It's perfectly ok to 'recycle' items from previous kits--kept & received--so long as you have enough to put in both of this month's kits. Everyone is so generous every month that we end up with lots of 'leftovers'--so it's fine if you want to use them.  ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 01:48:40 PM »
I know Cindi has mailed to me before, and I have Sadies address from last month's tag swap, so I think we are good to go. Cindi if you lost my address, just let me know. 

Thanks for organizing, Daniel!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
I've got Kathy's address and my kit is just about done.  I want to add one or two more things.

Thanks for organizing, Daniel!

I second Heidi's sentiments. 
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »
I mailed my envelope yesterday. I didn't over-think it, but it has fun stuff in it. I'm working on my 'kept' project & maybe it will work for one of the party challenges--you never know! But I'm not concerned, since I'll have plenty of junque left in the kit to use for the party.

Y'all help make hosting this swap a pleasure! So 'thank you'! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 12:11:40 PM »
My envelope is closed and addressed, but the mail came so it will have to go out tomorrow.  Hopefully Sadie will have it early next week in case she wants to combine party with KIAE?
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »
My kit is all ready to be mailed but not sure I will make it uptown to mail it yet today so it will probably go out tomorrow.  I sure hope Craft Nerd likes the stuff in there. 

I noticed as I was assembling my kit that I really don't have much in the way of embellishments.  I guess I usually make them and this month there wasn't much time to make any for the kit.  But it is fun going through all the stamps and stuff looking for goodies to include.

Thank you Looser for hosting!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......