Author Topic: INK19 A Little Shaky -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!  (Read 2240 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
INK19 A Little Shaky -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!
« on: October 26, 2019, 10:01:30 AM »
Well, I got tied up last evening, so I am a little late with my challenge. This challenge has 2 steps. First make a frame for your card by following the example in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNHB3pQ0duY

The second step is to make your card into a shaker card. Here is a link on how to make simple shaker cards.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLMwXgMSx7M

Here is my example card.  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4642#top_display_media

You may make any type of card. It does not have to be a Fall card. Please upload the card to the gallery and then post it here on this post so that we will not miss it. Please use the title INK19 Shaky.

Since we do not have many challenges, please do not combine with other INK challenges. I will be giving an RAK to a randomly chosen person! Have fun!

I hope you enjoy this challenge.

April :smile:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 10:59:47 AM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: INK19 A Little Shaky
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 10:03:55 AM »
Shaker cards are always a challenge for me. I look forward to trying this though! Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
I don't have great luck with shakers, but practice makes perfect huh :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 11:05:00 AM »
Thanks for the challenge!  I saw this type frame in the gallery recently.  This will be the kick I need to try it.  It's been a long time since I made a shaker ... will be fun to do it again.
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 10:40:50 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/3800E689-7A16-4555-8512-2DE7EDD9E2BB.jpeg

Third time is a charm,  I tried several designs  and they didn’t work.  I make terrible shaker cards, and end up having to take it apart several times. The water can is leaning, but I am not going to take it apart again.
Stamped and embossed watering can and flowers.  Colored with markers.  Stenciled background of both pieces.
I always forget something when putting these tighter, this time I forgot the sequins, mostly I forget the plastic!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »
Yay, Yankee, you did it!  The frame matches the flowers on the watering can really nicely.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 03:09:05 PM »
Your shaker card turned out nicely! I love the pretty frame to match your image. Thanks for doing my challenge!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 07:59:30 PM »
I made a shaker card tonight!  It's been awhile ... it was fun!  Thanks April!  It was a challenge to find the right stamps to make the frame.

Like Sheila, said, she always forgets something ... ha!  I forgot to put foam tape over the rest of the card front before I adhered it to the card base ... so just the shaker part was stuck down.  I managed to slide some strips of foam tape under the edges, so all is even now, and secure!

One more Christmas card for October, yay!

I took a better photo this morning but can't figure out how to change it in the gallery without losing comments.  What a difference lighting makes!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:55:08 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 09:49:23 AM »
Cindi, your card is so neat! Love the Santa! Thanks for doing the challenge.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 09:40:20 AM »
I was able to finish the shaker last night, this one went the best that I have done so they are getting easier for me :) I almost forgot to do the stamping around it

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4671#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »
Down to the wire on this one, but I got it done!  Yay for an extra hour today?

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4691#top_display_media

Thanks for the challenge. I ADORE the masking technique. I actually showed it to DH while I was pulling the mask off and he was pretty impressed! I will definitely be doing that again!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »
Yes, that was a cool way to make a frame!  Heidi, I love your flower frame.  I had a hard time choosing stamps for my frame.  Now looking at the entries, there are lots of stamps that look good!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 09:35:56 PM »
I am glad you loved this technique, Heidi. Your card is lovely. Thanks for doing this challenge.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »
Thank you to everyone who did my challenge! I loved all the cards. We have a winner!!!

It is Connie! Congrats, Connie. I will get your RAK in the mail at the end of the week since I will be in Charleston for a few days.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: INK19 A Little Shaky -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 11:20:58 AM »
Yay Connie!
Thanks for the fun challenge April.
Cindi