Author Topic: Inktober Fest 2018 - UnCard Multiples (10/29 - 11/4) *** Winner Announced ***  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Sorry I am late to the Fest.  I hope you still have time to try this challenge.

I want you to think about creating in multiples ... how to stamp something attractive, yet keep it simple enough to mass produce?
For this challenge I'd like you to make 10 or more of one design ... small variations are ok (for instance, I ran out of washi tape, so I subbed a ric rac stamp in the same color).  You can make anything except for cards.  I'm thinking tags, stickers, address labels, place cards, gift card holders ...  Your project must include stamping, preferably at least one image stamp.

Please post a photo of your collection in the gallery.  Tag it with INK18 Multiples in the title and key word.  Share your experience here with a link to your gallery post. 

Jan's card discussion thread influenced this challenge as well as the video in Connie's challenge (I added a cut up Cricut mat to my hinged stamp positioner and it really helped with this process)!  Thank you Jan and Connie!

I used tips from this video by Maymay Made It to get started.  In fact, my tags are the same dimensions as hers.

I'm sorry I'm asking you to make 10 of something, but that's part of the challenge!   ;) . Keep it fairly simple and start mass producing!  It's that time of year!  I hope you'll try it. 

My sample :
I really need to get going on Christmas cards, but I already have a monthly challenge for that.  I also like to make gift tags, and I thought they would be quicker for this short week challenge.  I bought gift wrap from a neighbor kid selling for school so I made tags to match.  Don't feel you need to match your gift wrap!   I made 16 tags from one 8 1/2 by 11 piece of cardstock using Maymay's instructions.  Here's a close up of the tags with the gift wrap.

I used a WeR Memory Makers Large Angle Crop-a-Dile punch for the corners.  I didn't punch holes in my tags because I often adhere them to packages with double stick tape.  I can punch a hole and add twine when I'm wrapping if I need to.

I stamped all of the "to from", then all of the peppermints, then all of the ric racs since each used a different color of ink.  The post it notes on the side of my tag were to keep me from stamping ric rac on my Cricut mat but it was also pretty handy for placing my tags just right.  I also used the grid lines on the mat.  When the stamping was finished, I applied washi tape.  Next I added a border with a ruler and a Tombow marker.  Last I adhered dot sparklers to the center of the peppermints ... a little more time consuming because my stickers are old and not so sticky anymore, so I glued them.  Still, not too hard with a Marvy Jewel Picker and an exacto.  Since they were so tiny, I put a glob of glue on a scrap and barely dipped them in it.

Happy Stamping!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:23:57 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Inktober Fest 2018 - Uncard Multiples (10/29 - 11/4)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 06:10:14 AM »
Great challenge, I think I will make gift tags too. 

Also, your jig with the cricut mat in your positioned looks really useful!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Inktober Fest 2018 - Uncard Multiples (10/29 - 11/4)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »
This really will be a challenge. I absolutely loath doing multiples. Tags sound doable, but I might go another route.
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Inktober Fest 2018 - UnCard Multiples (10/29 - 11/4)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:33 AM »
Sorry Daniel!  Sometimes it' a necessity.  Maybe if you choose a technique you enjoy, you won't mind repeating it? 
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »
LOL, Cindi. Nice try, but I'll still find it a challenge--that's the point. You came up with a good one, pal! :smitten:
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 11:06:54 AM »
If you need ideas for this challenge, I saw a video on how to make simple pockets today.  They can be used for gift card holders inside a card, added to a journal, however you like.  Make a stack today!

Note:  this is a long video but I sped it up 1.5 times.  It didn't take as long to watch, and I could still understand it.

Mixed Media Morsels by Cat Hand.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 01:18:01 PM »
I made 10 tags.  I hope they are the same enough for your challenge!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4222#top_display_media

It was good to get these done early. I usually wait till December to make tags.  Thanks for the challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
Heidi, your tags are perfect for the challenge!  I love the stripes and the sentiment stamps.  Good idea to make a tag that opens to write inside.
Thanks for doing my challenge! 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »
Well the only thing I could think that I would need that many multiples is Christmas tags

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4237#top_display_media

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
I made some very plain tags, but I did it!
I usually cut up last year’s store bought Christmas cards to make my tags.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 11:09:45 PM »
Connie and Sheila, thanks for taking my challenge!  Now you are that much closer to being ready for Christmas.  It wasn't so bad, was it?  Making 10?  I'm glad you persevered!  Pretty tags!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 05:43:12 PM »
Thanks for playing April.  I really like your tags.  Perfect place for those little rubber stamp tapestry pine cones!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »
WoW Cindi this challenge was exactly what I needed to learn how great my stamp positioner is to make multiple images...practice. practice... I stamped 3 stamps 10 times!  That was a great start!  Thanks for the great challenge!

Here is the post for my tags.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:31:29 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 08:48:24 PM »
That is such a cool bird image, Jan.  I love your tags!  I'm so glad you got well acquainted with your stamp positioner.  Aren't they great? 

Thanks for describing how you made your tags ... you reminded me about stamping on glossy paper ... I have a detailed stamp I want to try, so I think I will try it on glossy paper first.  I'm glad the Tombows worked so well to color the candy cane portions.

Thanks for taking my challenge!
Cindi