Author Topic: Inktoberfest Chat Topics  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Inktoberfest Chat Topics
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »
Is there a difference between pearlescent watercolor and metallic?

I'm not sure Heidi, but I'm thinking my pearlescent watercolors are more transparent, and well, pearly.  I would guess metallics would be more shiny, and the metallic watercolors Kristina Werner used were very opaque. 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »
Cindi, I will add that to my list of things to look for when I get over to Hobby Lobby. Thank you!

I have a Christmas card to post today but it does not meet the guidelines for any of the fest challenges.  I had to get bloodwork done this morning and that place is near to the Tuesday Morning and I picked up a glitter texture paste to try for the snow challenge!

I am working on Jan’s challenge right now. 

If any of you are interested, it is also the Coffee Lover’s Blog hop and the Daily Marker 30 Day coloring challenge.  If any of your projects go along with those, it is worth entering as there are lots of prizes.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:27:34 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 04:31:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Heidi!

Did you find Bo Bunny glitter paste?  I got some at Tuesday Morning a while back and I like it!  I went to Tuesday Morning this afternoon and there are signs all over it that they are closing that location  :( . There is one about 1/2 hour south of us and another 45 minutes or so, but this one was only about 10 minutes.  Today everything in the store is another 10% off and I'm sure it will be discounted further ... but nothing new will be coming in.  I didn't find much in the craft aisle.  I was looking for Sizzix Sidekick dies.  No luck on those.  I bought some scrapbook page protectors, 4x6 photo storage boxes (I saw a video and they store their unmounted red rubber stamps in them .. I might give that a try for my Purple Onion stamps), another Heidi Swapp Marquee Love white wash paint kit - I've used a few of these and they are worth it!  Only $1.99 and you get two bottles of craft paint, a tiny ink pad, a foam brush and a chip brush.  I was so happy in Denver  :smitten: ... I ventured out to HL to buy snaps for some baby booties I crocheted and I found a Tuesday Morning.  It was very small and kind of a mess but I found what I was looking for that I couldn't find near me - the number punches for the WeR word punch, yay!  $9.99 instead of about $17-$20 online.

Looking forward to seeing your snow Heidi!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2019, 05:01:51 PM »
I DID get the Bo Bunny glitter paste and used it with a stencil already.  Those should be dry now so I can figure out what to do with them.  It is really pretty.  They had some other colors too but I was only interested in the white. 

I didn’t really see the other things you mentioned, Cindi.  That is too bad the one is closing.  I thought they were a pretty popular store. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2019, 09:36:22 PM »
Our Tuesday morning closed down a year or so ago, I guess there is one over in St. Louis but we haven't been over there in some time.

I finished my stencil cards, all I have left is the winter card for Cindi's challenge, I haven't thought about what I will do with that yet, hope to get some free time tomorrow morning to work on it before we head out and do some running around tomorrow.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2019, 02:29:47 PM »
Phew!   I finished all of the challenges including April's twist.  It's been a fun week!  Including the two samples I made for my own challenge, I completed 11 cards.  Woo Hoo!

I was pushing to finish today because I'm taking a Christmas journal class at a LSS tomorrow afternoon.  So I'm not sure I'll get any stamping done tomorrow.  It's a 4 hour class.

Now I need to clean up my mess and tend to the things I let slide this week!  Not as much fun as stamping  :-\

I hope you are busy stamping!  I have a RAK almost ready to mail for my challenge ... just sayin'  ;)
So what are you working on today?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2019, 05:01:00 PM »
OH wow, people are done already?  I just finished a card for Cindi’s snow challenge, but it needs to dry.  I was sitting here trying to think of what to make for the Twist, and I left the shaker for last, of course, because it sounds the hardest! Lol.

Cindi, A 4 hour class sounds very long and I wouldn’t blame you for not having energy to stamp afterwards.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2019, 09:05:57 PM »
Yes, I bet I will be burnt out after my December Illustrated class!  It's an hour drive each way too.  (Just had a thought ... make a thermos of coffee!) . I'm betting it will move fairly quickly.  Here's a link to the class.  The book looks nice and I'm ready for a project that's mainly assembly.  It doesn't look like there will be too many decisions to be made ... just use the kit and follow instructions, and I'm good with that! I'm hoping if I have a December book made and ready to go ... maybe I will write in it in December?   So far any December journalling projects have been a fail for me.  I'm subscribed to Shimelle Lane's Christmas prompts,  I think two Christmases ago I tried to combine Shimelle's with 30 days of lists ... I might have two pages done and most of what I gathered is still in a pile  :-\ .   Maybe this is the year?!

Unfortunately all of the air show activities were cancelled again today.  They plan to have the show tomorrow, maybe the night airshow, and definitely the fireworks, weather permitting.  I'm debating running home to let the dog out and then going to the night airshow/fireworks.  DH will be away all day and unsure whether he will be home in time for the airshow, definitely won't be around to take care of the dog.

Hey, don't forget, we get an extra hour of sleep tonight!  Yay!

I miss watching the birds feeding, we used to get a lot of goldfinches growing up in Syracuse ... we've been hearing a Great Horned Owl when we walk the dog at night.  Love that!  I'm afraid suet would melt here! 

Anxious to see your cards Heidi! 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »
We ended up taking a drive up north along the Mississippi River to see the colors but it wasn't very good, either they are dead or still green or just browns, but there were spots of color here and there. I am too tired now to get a card done but coming on I see we have until tomorrow so after hubby goes to work tomorrow afternoon I should be able to finish another card :)

Enjoy your class tomorrow Cindi.  That looks like it will be a fun class. We had a few weeks this summer that the suet was melting a little bit, so I can imagine it wouldn't do well down there. I like getting the extra time tomorrow, I shouldn't be late getting to church to do my office duties plus I have to get communion supplies around too, so that takes more time.