Author Topic: Stenciling on clothing  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Stenciling on clothing
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:53:52 PM »
Wendy Vecchi had a fun blog post today sharing how she stenciled on blue jeans...fun idea!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:07:16 AM by Far North »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Stenciling on clothing
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:49:53 AM »
Oh boy, Jan! Does Wendy's project take me back to the '80s when I made (& taught) 'Wearable Art'. TFS, pal!

I/we mostly worked on tee & sweat shirts, but jeans were cool, too. Wendy was fortunate to find jeans with the 'white blanks', but you could make your own blanks by using regular craft paint. Just make a shape stencil & use the paint to cover the jean's original color. Then you can do what Wendy did with her archival ink(s). Don't have archival inks? 'Sok. You can use craft paint in its place. It too will survive laundering.

Wonder if Wendy will do any stencil/stamp projects on tee shirts? ;D
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:25:25 AM »
Very fun!  I think you could get the look of the other areas that were already there by stenciling onto a regular wash jean. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
Very cool Jan!  Thanks for sharing the link!  This makes me want to try it!  I like how her results look like the were "meant to be" from the manufacturer!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 03:34:46 AM »
I think it would be fun to make a wearable item for when I attend classes/ gatherings of artsy folks.  I thinkin' on it!