Author Topic: Ranger Mini Blending Tool - Have you tried it?.  (Read 1718 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Ranger Mini Blending Tool - Have you tried it?.
« on: October 02, 2014, 10:09:38 AM »
Who has tried the new small round mini blending tool by Ranger?

I was really excited about the new shape and smaller size when I saw it come out at CHA.  I have not seen it in any local crafts stores and want to order it.  However, I was hoping someone else would give a review of it before I spend the extra money on shipping.

TIA!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Ranger Mini Blending Tool - Have you tried it?.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 10:10:24 AM »
I guess I should have put this in the product and tools sections.  whoops
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:21:28 PM »
Since you asked...I love the mini round blending tools!

The old ones were difficult for me get into tiny places to color. Instead I often used tiny bits of cut n dry but I use it a lot less now. The original blending tools came with the occasional whoops of an unwanted strongly inked edge and it most always was from the long edge. I find for me the round ones are far more balance and easier to use without the straight edges. I am close to passing my old ones on but I keep thinking I may want it for a larger project...some day. 

After my initial testing with 1 handle I bought a total of 6 handles for the basic color families. I use 8 sponges for the basic colors and 1 for black and 1 for embossing ink.  I keep the last two in little plastic bags. When I finished using a color I try it on a scrap paper and if it still has ink on it I  wash it out but most of the time they are all happy in my little clear cosmetic bag.

I think it is worth buying 1 handle to try.  Perhaps size of hands and comfort in holding the handle could make a personal difference.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:29:59 PM by Far North »

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 02:46:40 PM »
What Far North said.  I find that I also get a nicer inking with the itty bitty round ones than I ever did with the big square ones.  I really didn't think it would make that big of a difference but it does for me.  I also tried with one small round handle and now I have four of them.  I have a whole strip of the little round sponges hanging on the wall in front of my craft desk on a piece of heavy duty Velcro. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 07:51:35 PM »
I received one in a monthly kit cub and I LOVE it!  As Jan and Sadie said its easier to use. I find I get better blending results with it as opposed to the square. Mine came with one of the mini cubes and I like that the round disc fit perfectly in those too. Not that I will ever switch over to the mini cubes.
Our Hobby Lobby started carrying them and the round discs so I bought a few with coupons.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 08:16:34 PM »
The benefits that you guys are talking about is exactly what I am looking for.  I definitely will pick up a couple the next time I place an online order. Thanks so much for your thoughts on this!
~~Heidi~~