Author Topic: Happy Mail-Happy Holidays  (Read 10759 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Happy Mail-Happy Holidays
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »
Thanks April for sharing!  After reading about how you thinned the paint I wonder if I complicated the process by using difference brands on paint. They certainly began with different consistencies.  I am making a note for next time I do this technique...thanks. 

Left you comments in the gallery.  Thanks for playing.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 12:19:22 PM »
I am just starting the technique today. I really improvised and used things like an acrylic block, packaging and even tried my craft sheets.  The craft sheets looked cool, but did not transfer the paint well. 

Actually, the transfer of the paint onto paper was the hardest part for me.  I have a bunch of things drying although they don't look like any other examples i have seen, I think i will be able to make something pretty. 

So, my card will probably be the latest one sent out, but I AM working on it, no fear!
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »
Heidi, I'm right there with you. I worked on this yesterday. My problem was finding nothing but 4 inch square pieces of glass. But I did get some pretty cool printings. I am working on my card today. I like this technique!

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
Years ago they did these type of printing with ink and a plastic folder ( the flat kind that you add another piece of plastic for the spine and to hold the papers inside) I even bought the book on how to.  But finding the book is not a chore for before Christmas.
I just took apart two reg sized picture frames (that needed cleaning ). Cleaned them, used them, cleaned them again and put pit tires back in.  Handling the glass was scary, but do able.  I do think less paint is the key.  My first couple didn't work because of to much paint.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 06:34:46 PM »
I received my card from Jan today and bunches of really neat backgrounds! Thank you Jan!

Mine will probably go in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 07:44:51 PM »
My card is done, but won't go into the mail until Monday. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 12:03:10 PM »
I had a fun time printing with round Dendritic Monoprint images.  Then I played with lots of ideas to make this card for Kathy.
You can see it here in the gallery.You can see it here in the gallery.  Thanks for leaving a comment!...Jan

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
Mine is all finished and ready to go to Cindi. But I can't leave it out for the mail person due to theft in our area and I am expecting a UPS package sometime today. If they come early enough I can get out to the post office but yesterday they came at 6:30.

If it doesn't make it out today, I will for sure take it to the post office first thing tomorrow!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2016, 04:48:27 PM »
Not a problem Kathy, don't risk missing your package delivery, and certainly don't let anyone swipe my card!

Warning it is hard to stop!

You got that right!  I stayed up in to the wee hours last night making close to 50 backgrounds!  I printed on light and dark cardstock, sheet music and book pages.  Today I finished a card for Yankee and got it in a mailbox to be picked up at 2:30.  Phew!  It's a good thing DH is not home, the kitchen is a disaster area!   A mix of wedding, paint, die cutting, digital cutting ... I'll start to tackle the clean up tonight.

This technique was so much fun.  I used a thick piece of glass that came with my circle cutter and a glass pane out of a picture frame.  The thicker glass was really nice to work on.  I also liked that my thick glass was square and my picture frame glass was rectangular and longer, so it made it easy to lift and separate the panes.  I used craft acrylic and thicker Golden brand acrylics including iridescent bright gold and iridescent pearl.  A few times I spread the paint with a brush, but I also got good results just smooshing the paint between the panes by pressing heavily on the top pane.

I got results that remind me of everything from trees to coral.
Fun!
Thanks for the challenge/swap Jan, and for encouraging me to sign up even when I was overwhelmed with wedding!
(By the way, the wedding went with out a hitch, we had a ton of fun and the bride and groom didn't want to leave the reception!  They had a sparkler send off and the sparklers were close to 3 ft long so they lasted long enough that they ran through them 3 times!  I'll share some pics later this week.)
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2016, 05:20:59 PM »
Cindi, sounds like the wedding was fun!

I got my swap card from Heidi today! Yay! It is so cute and I love the background. Thanks, Heidi for the other lovely backgrounds! I can't wait for the others to see your card.

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2016, 07:55:02 AM »
My beautiful card arrived from Iring.
Thank you Cindi for the extra backgrounds.
Please post it for the group.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2016, 06:30:41 PM »
Here is the card I sent to Yankee.

I used a Silhouette cut file to create the card and put the dendritic background behind the papercut front.

I had a lot of fun making these backgrounds!  I made some kind of big and solid and some just circles.

Thanks for sharing this technique Jan.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:36:51 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 08:25:57 AM »
Kathy, your beautiful card arrived, and stuffed with an assortment of pretty backgrounds!

I love the card, it's gorgeous! 
There are alcohol ink, dendritic, acetate, quilted (can't remember if there is another name ... djc's challenge) and watercolor backgrounds. 

Thank you so much! 
Cindi

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 08:43:27 PM »
Oh I'm glad you like it Iring! I will post a picture tomorrow!