Author Topic: CHA sneak peeks 2017  (Read 9047 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
CHA sneak peeks 2017
« on: January 16, 2017, 08:00:45 AM »
As I was perusing blogs this morning, I noticed there are so CHA sneak peeks going on.  So far I see Lawn Fawn and Sizzix.

What are you interested in?  Feel free to share links, etc.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: CHA sneak peeks 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:50:14 AM »
I have seen all the ones that Tim Holtz shared last week on his blog, there were some cool things I liked from his sneak peeks, on friday they said see you Monday so they may have more this week to share, but that is all I have seen so far.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »
Thanks, Connie, I had not seen that link AND I did not realize that Creativation was CHA!

~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 08:37:48 PM »
Yeah Tim Holtz mentioned it on his blog that is what they are calling it this year

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:51 PM »
Ok I found this post about the new spectrum illustrator and I still don't get it.... and I am not alone, in the comments people are still asking if they are different than the spectrum noir markers... what do you think?  http://blog.crafterscompanion.com/introducing-spectrum-noir-illustrator/

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 07:40:03 AM »
No, Connie, that doesn't clear up anything for me either. I think we need to know about the ink refills and then maybe we will understand?  Maybe someone will get the needed info at CHA and will post it.

The new Distress Oxide inks are something to watch for demos.  Tim introduced them on facebook yesterday but did not do any demos.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »
Oh I hadn't seen that, looking forward to video's coming out from CHA, let's hope we see some :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »
Hmmm, I don't get if the markers are the same as far as the color line goes or not. Very confusing. It definitely  sounds as if the nibs are different.

I saw the distress oxide line, sounds interesting. I keep wondering what else they could release within the distress line.

I haven't seen too much yet but will keep my eyes open for any news.
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »
Tim Holtz has been posting sneak peeks on his blog for the past 6 days. Today's post features the new distress products.  The 2nd graphic block in today's info is a video featuring the distress products.  He showcases the distress oxide inks at 15:00 in the video.  The inks take on a chalky look once water activated.

Stamper's Anonymous shared a peak at Wendy Vecchi's products yesterday.   Stamper's Anonymous  Other designer's peaks will be coming soon.

Hero Arts does not participate in these events but they shared their Spring Catalogue yesterday. 

I am deep in the weeds of organizing for my move so I don't have much time to look but it is fun to see AI's are still enjoying the peaks. Thanks Heidi for starting this thread.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 03:56:12 PM »
Tim holtz's sneak today was a stamp positioner.  It looked neat and much more heavy duty then the sweet petunia one.  The stamping area is 8 1/2 square.  It has measurements on two sides and open on two sides for bigger paper.  It is for cling and rubber stamps.  He said it will retail for $39.99 and will be out in April.  Now that I might be interested in.  At least ranger stands behind their products. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 04:55:16 PM »
Tim holtz's sneak today was a stamp positioner.  It looked neat and much more heavy duty then the sweet petunia one.  The stamping area is 8 1/2 square.  It has measurements on two sides and open on two sides for bigger paper.  It is for cling and rubber stamps.  He said it will retail for $39.99 and will be out in April.  Now that I might be interested in.  At least ranger stands behind their products.

That is interesting!  Hampton Art and WRMK also has a stamp positioner out for the $30 range, but I was not sure how big the stamping area is. 

Thanks, Jan for the details and links. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 09:22:43 PM »
I am pretty excited about the new oxide inks, can't wait to see some demo's from him at CHA, I already have the MISTI, so I don't need another stamping tool.  Thanks for the other links Jan, especially since you are so busy with your upcoming move.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »
Here are the colors for the Illustrator markers, I haven't checked with my markers I already have but some of them sound new and some seem to be the same colors I already have....https://www.crafterscompanion.com/assets/images/PDF/Color%20Charts/IllustratorColorChart_Colored.jpg

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
That chart is helpful, Connie. I agree there are a few new color families in there.  There is one set of 6 that does not overlap with my other colors.  Maybe I will pick up that one.  Having so many of the regular ones, it would be hard to switch to illustrator since I would get doubles of so many colors with the new way they have the sets organized. 
~~Heidi~~