Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2017 - February  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2017 - February
« on: February 01, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Happy February Christmas card makers!

This month's inspiration is the Christmas carol - The Holly and the Ivy

Hmm, I just realized there is no ivy in that picture, but I'm sure you know what ivy looks like.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do!
If you're not familiar with the carol, I added an attachment with the words and music to the first verse.  I found it on Wikipedia.  You can listen to it there.

I just found some images I colored that would have worked for January ... so maybe I can finish them up tonight.  Then on with February!

ETA : Don't forget to post your cards in the Christmas All Year 2017 gallery and link them here.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:14:11 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2017 - February
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:08:39 PM »
Cute idea! I love the carol and I did not know all the words so thank you for including that.  I just put on my goals. (LeighAnn's thread) that I want to do 3-5 Christmas cards this month, so this should help get me going!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 05:12:35 PM »
Great Heidi! 

I hope to get going earlier this year also.  I listened to Totally-Tiffany's Get Organized Challenge today and she said something to the effect that goals need to be written down.  I can't remember the exact quote.  LeighAnn's thread would be a good place to write it, because she also said to go public with your goals!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »
Thanks for the prompt an for adding the music!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 10:51:14 AM »
Here is one done with the theme!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3210#top_display_media

Not sure I am 100 percent happy with this card, but I did find some other holly paper in my stash I might try another quilt pattern.  TFL!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »
Beautiful card, Heidi.  I commented in the gallery.

I actually bought a stamp called The Holly and The Ivy when there were a ton of sales going on after Christmas last year.  If this doesn't get me going, nothing will.

Thanks, Cindi.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »
Just a little Holly on this card! I tried to add some more but it didn't look right with the colors.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3215#top_display_media

Daria, I would love to see something with your new stamp! 

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
I love your cards Heidi!  Thanks so much for posting them.  The quilt looks really cool how it pieces together.  Your embellishment is perfect!
You were so clever to add a snowflake to your mug stamp.  Just right for a Christmas card! 

Daria, I hope you will ink up your holly and ivy stamp this month!

Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks ... My laptop is on the verge of death and I got really nervous that it would die before I could get stuff off of it.  I was waking up in the morning feeling sick over it so I collected on DH's offer of a new laptop for Christmas (I had put off shopping for it).  I decided to try a Mac this time though I scaled down in size and storage to make it a little more affordable.  It's been a bit of a learning curve and I feel like I've been in Tech Support hell!  AppleCare has been great but some of the applications I had to move from my old windows laptop to the Mac are not working as they should and their tech support has ranged from awful to ok.  I'm getting closer though ...  Are any of you Mac users?  I might need a few tips!  In other words, "help"!

I really hope to get stamping more and talking to geek squads less!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 07:08:26 AM »
Cindi, that is great you were able to get a new laptop! We are big time mac users, although we have had pcs also.  We have found our macs last 3 times as long as a PC.  You may want to look at youtube for how-to videos for computers, there is a lot of troubleshooting info there.

I am still hoping to get more Christmas cards made this month!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57:35 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/IMG_1706.JPG

Here is my card for Feb.  I didn't have a stamp that worked for the challenge.
But while looking for something else I found this image that Jan had stamped and sent me in a swap.
I guess I should straighten more often. Simple card.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »
Thank you so much, April and Sheila, for sharing your cards here.  So inspiring, it makes me want to finish up some Christmas cards tonight!  I've had a few unfinished cards sitting on my counter for a week or more, staring at me ... I found them when, yep, I was picking up my craft space!

I can't believe how fast February has flown by, well sort of ... DH has been out of town the whole month.  It will be nice to get him back tomorrow.  And all those things I thought I would get done while he was gone?  Nope.  Didn't happen.

Oh well, we still have a few more days, and now I'm inspired, so you never know what will happen.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 03:23:24 PM »
I cannot believe February is over soon!  I also felt it was such a busy month!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »
I got one more Holly card in this month! I combined this with my stamping with paint challenge.  I think I did three cards this month, I had wished I would get more done.

Thanks for hosting, Cindi!!!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3234#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »
That is really pretty Heidi!  Love the colors and the printed papers!

You got more done than I did ... maybe tomorrow...
Cindi