Author Topic: April 2017 Artsy Inkers Challenge -- Black Embossed Magic  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
April 2017 Artsy Inkers Challenge -- Black Embossed Magic
« on: April 01, 2017, 11:22:56 AM »
Ok I am going to give you the option between these two techniques I liked them both but decided to go with the embossing and markers but I think this one may be a little safer to try, I am really concerned about people ruining their markers, so chose between which one you would like to try and when you post just let us know which one you tried :) As I posted below I tried the second technique with an outline and it seemed to be ok but when trying it with more solid stamps it messed with my marker, I will post tomorrow my outcomes it is too dark to take pictures now.

http://acraftycat.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/white-craft-ink-meets-secret-garden-and.html

Here is my original challenge:

When I saw this technique done I thought it looked like a fun technique to try, I haven't tried it yet myself, so I have no tips for you or my example done yet, but the video gives a lot of detail I think, I hope you all get a chance to play along.

http://stamptv.ning.com/video/how-to-black-embossed-magic-technique?xg_source=msg_mes_network

I hurt my back real bad moving furniture around, but I will try to get my example done soon.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:14:26 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: April 2017 Artsy Inkers Challenge -- Black Embossed Magic
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »
You know, I always thought that it was a no no to use alcohol markers with embossing like that, so I have not ever tried anything like this.  It will be fun.  Thanks for hosting and I hope you feel better soon!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
This is so pretty! Looking forward in trying this!

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »
This looks like fun.  I've done something similar with colored pencils, but this technique looks so much more vibrant.  I have some Bic MarkIts that are alcohol based.

Thanks for the challenge.  I'm sorry to hear about your back.  I hope you feel better soon.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 04:06:43 PM »
I heard the same thing Heidi, I sure hope it doesn't mess up the markers, maybe we should try some old ones first on it.

Cindi the other technique is one I have wanted to try to with the color pencils but I went with this one instead.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 04:02:07 PM »
I had fun with this. I have done this before but it has been a long time! My markers look white on the tip, but they seem to be okay.

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3285#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »
Ok well I tried the technique out, I used some old markers I had and the first one I did was an outline and it seemed to do ok on that but when I tried it with a more solid background it seemed to start messing with my markers, especially on a bit that I must not have embossed well enough, so I am going to try to find another challenge and then you can chose which one you would like to try, I just want to make sure no one is using their good markers on this technique, I would feel awful if anyone's nice markers are ruined

You got great results April, thanks for giving it a try, I just posted another challenge if you want to do two :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:15:16 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »
Here is my attempt to do the challenge using and outline stamp set, this worked pretty good for me and didn't see a lot of harm done to my markers.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3289#top_display_media

this second one I did I stamped the Inkadinkado stamps all around my paper and then embossed, as you can see I missed a few places and I tried to add extra with my marker, didn't work out too gooe, I didn't like the shading at all and I either didn't get it embossed well or something cause it all started flaking apart and onto my marker, this one will get thrown away.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »
I am starting to work on this today!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
hope you get the chance to play with it, I would love to give the second one a try, I am back at the hotel from being at my Father in law's funeral today, we decided after a full day of talking with people yesterday at the visitation and then today at the funeral that after instead of going back to the house we would come to the hotel and just have some down time, the actual burial is tomorrow morning because his sister didn't want to pay the extra to have him buried on a Sunday. We are heading back home on Tuesday so maybe Wednesday I can have some time to play

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »
I did work on the challenge.  I do not have a white reinker, so I smooshed my white pigment ink pad onto my craft mat and picked up the ink with a waterbrush.  It was a little uneven looking, but that didn't bother me because I knew I was going to go the second step and add marker.  So I did that and blended it out.  It was a little hard to blend.  I am not sure if that was normal or if I did something wrong.

After letting it dry overnight, I saw that my paper had pilled a little.  I think this was because I was really trying to blend the marker.  However, it was no big deal since I could just brush it off and the panel still looked fine.

I still need to make this into a card and then I will share it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »
Here is my entry!  I used navy cardstock instead of black.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3304#top_display_media

Thanks for the challenge!  I enjoyed it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
I'm looking at this challenge and it sounds like a fun one! I've got a little time this morning and I'm gonna give it a go! Thanks, Connie :)
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »
Thanks for giving it a try Heidi, I loved your results!