Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2017  (Read 8765 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2017
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
Cindy, you crack me up!

I meant to mention that I like it when some of the goodies in a shaker card stay where you can see them.  Jennifer McGuire actually glues a few sequins down so they don't all end up at the bottom when the card is on display; they also serve to catch some of the other bits of confetti and prevent them from all going to the bottom.

I have a good recipe for banana cake, and of course, you need very ripe bananas.  Once when I served it to company, my dad told everybody I had used rotten bananas!  Can you imagine?  lol. 

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 05:40:53 PM »
April, I went looking for the embossing folder you used on your Wisemen card.  Of course, it's an old one, and there were very few cards using it, and none of them named it--just said it was by Cuttlebug.  Then one nice lady on Splitcoaststamper responded to someone who was also looking for a folder that with snowflakes and flourishes.  She linked her card and said it was the Cuttlebug Snowflake Flourish embossing folder.  She also said it was available as part of a package on HSN.  (That was in 2009!)  That made me go into the craft room and pull out an old set of five embossing folders in the Cuttlebug set, Winter Wonderland.  And there it was.  I love it when that happens.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2017, 08:48:42 PM »
Beautiful cards, April.  You're up to nine already! 

Daria 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:07:21 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 03:26:30 PM »
Daria, how wonderful you had the cuttlebug folder already!

I had a digi image leftover in my stash, so I colored that up, and I also added a sentiment inside and out with a real stamp. 
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3399#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:52 PM »
Heidi, I love your card.  The image is great, and you coloring is wonderful.  Great patterned paper too!

My Gina K. cardstock arrived today so I hope to complete my Santa cards tomorrow.  I still haven't started my second design.  Sigh.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 11:16:43 AM »
Wow, April, you are on a roll!  Daria, glad your cardstock came!

I have two more cards made today, but wanted to see if I could get a third done.  I will probably post them tomorrow.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2017, 08:24:38 AM »
April, I love your cards.  My favorite one this time is the penguin card.  I just love the image and the background!  I made a bunch of shaving cream backgrounds years and years ago.  I didn't use them because no matter how long I aired them out, they still smelled like shaving cream.  I even put them outside to air out.  I did keep them, and years later, they were OK.  I have die-cut butterflies from one of them.  I sure wish that I'd made some red and green ones now!  I'd be in business for Christmas!

Heidi, I look forward to seeing your latest cards.

I, of course, am way off my goal.  Let's see.  Today is the 13th so I should have 39 cards by the end of today.  Not happening.  However, I just received an order for a cool die that is going to help me out.

Daria 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 08:00:43 AM »
Here are two cards. I never was able to come up with an idea for a third. I do have the image colored up though for when I do get an idea. I used two sketches for these cards.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3405#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3404#top_display_media

Daria, enjoy your new die!

I have never tried the shaving cream technique. I don't seem to be able to figure out what stuff at the store would work. I know shaving cream has changed a lot over the years.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 08:48:49 AM »
Heidi, I love your cards!  The image is darling.  I like the layouts and papers you used for both cards.  I know you'll come up with another idea for your third image.

This morning, I finished assembling my twelve Santa cards.  Finally.  So I'm now caught up with my Day 4 goal on Day 14.  Sigh.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2017, 01:21:01 PM »
Daria, that is great you got your 12 cards made! I admire your ability to reproduce them so well. I just don't seem to be able to create duplicates in any quantity!

Here is a new card from me
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3416#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »
WooHoo Daria, 12 cards finished! 

I think I said I wanted to get 5 cards made by the end of the first week ... well it's the end of the 2nd week.
Oops, never did finish those ... but I made 5 new ones today using Connie's Partial Stamping technique AIR challenge.

Here is the first one I finished.  Christmas Greetings

and here is a picture of the set of 5.

Daria, here is a link to the Tim Holtz stamp set I used for the poinsettia and greetings.  I like the fonts on the greetings.  I stamped the poinsettias on the inside too and used a peg stamp to stamp centers so I wouldn't have a bumpy inside.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:17:30 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »
Heidi and Cindi, your cards are wonderful. 

Heidi, once I've made a card I like, it's easy to make a few more.  I do not usually make twelve the same--even at Christmas time.

Cindi, thanks for the link.  That's a really nice set, and I love the sentiments in it.  I like the way you grouped the sentiment and poinsettias on your card. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 12:03:49 PM »
I have two cards to share.  I added one to Christmas all year folder, but the second is in the AIR17 folder in the gallery. I couldn't figure out how to add it to both.  I combined that card with Jan's CHILL challenge.

I created both from a quarter sheet of kraft cardstock that I had around from a previous fest or swap.  I had splattered iridescent pearl paint to it and was able to use this to make two little Christmas scenes.  I had fun adding cute images to them.

Here is the first card:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3427#top_display_media

And the second :
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3428#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~