Author Topic: Card Donation opportunity - by August 1st  (Read 38 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• AIR 2017 Host
Card Donation opportunity - by August 1st
« on: July 12, 2017, 08:11:11 AM »
Hello everyone.  A blogging friend asked me to be a part of a card drive for a care package for her local Domestic Violence center.  She is looking to make 30 care packages with a hand made encouragement card in each one.  You can mail a card and/or sponsor a bag by sending monetary donations. 

I blogged about this today here:
http://mylittlestampingblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/card-drive-one-layer-distress-oxide.html

And here is a link to Carole's blog post with all the details:
https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/the-safelight-project/comment-page-1/#comment-14320

As an incentive, Carole has been able to get a very nice prize to one, randomly selected, lucky person who donates.  If you are interested and able, I hope you will look into participating in this drive.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• AIR 2017 Host
Re: Card Donation opportunity - by August 1st
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
I will certainly help!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• AIR 2017 Host
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 06:46:30 AM »
Thanks, April!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• AIR 2017 Host
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
What a kind and thoughtful project!  I will try ...

A small church group I belong to just contributed to our local women's recovery shelter.  They give each woman who enters a new set of towels all in one color.  They like different colors so they can sort the laundry, Sue has pink, Betty has blue, etc..  We each picked a color and gave a set of 2 hand towels, 2 washcloths and 2 bath towels and a soap dispenser.   Encouragement cards would be a nice way to follow up on this project. 

I will try hard to mail a card for your drive.  Maybe I'll get some made for the local shelter too!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• AIR 2017 Host
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »
Heidi, I have a card to donate.  I used Connie's Partial Stamping technique.  I knew as soon as I saw her challenge that it would make a great layout and technique for encouragement cards. 

I will wait till the end of the week to see if I get any more made before I mail it to your blog buddy.

Wishing you joy

(the lavender isn't quite as dull looking as in the photo, I took the picture at night.)
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• AIR 2017 Host
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:43:38 AM »
Your card is beautiful, as is the sentiment.  Thanks for donating!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• AIR 2017 Host
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 10:28:07 PM »
Heidi, I have one more to donate..  Yesterday I stamped the card base before adhering the card front and messed up the orientation, ha!  So this one stands upright.  I'll get them in the mail this week.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• AIR 2017 Host
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 07:08:45 AM »
It always good to get on a roll when cardmaking.  Another terrific card! I need to get mine in the mail myself!
~~Heidi~~