Author Topic: #30 days of lists  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
#30 days of lists
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »
I mentioned this in a gallery post so I thought I would explain ... and invite you to join me for 30 days of lists!

Somehow, one day, when I fell down the internet hole ... I stumbled upon "30 days of lists".  A new challenge starts Sept. 1st, so always game for trying new things ... I signed up!  I would love it if anyone here would like to join.  It costs $10 to register for the prompts.  You can read more about it here:
#30lists
It looks to me like an easy way to do a little something creative for a few minutes each day.  I don't really like to write (though why am I so wordy?!), but I think I can make a list!

When you register, you get a link to a blog where the prompts will be posted each day.  You also get added to a private Facebook group.  Some people post on Instagram.  If you want to see some examples search #30lists or #30daysoflists on FB or Instagram.

*This is an activity some of this group has been taking part in for I think something like 14 years!  They celebrate 30 days of lists in March and September and maybe something in December??
ETA : Actually now that I've read a little more about it ... I think there have been 14 challenges, the first beginning in 2011,  and yes it seems they do it 3 times per year, March, September and December.

You can write your lists anywhere.  Some have written on post it notes.  Some people prepare mini albums or junk journals or traveler's notebooks ... other's add it to their planners or bullet journals.  I've been wanting a traveler's notebook for years and I've also wanted to try making my own insert so this was the perfect opportunity for me to do just that.

I will come back and add the link to the youtube video I used for making the insert.  It's a cool little notebook whether you put it in a traveler's notebook, or just throw it in your purse!  I had fun using up an old scrapbook paper collection.

Any takers?

ETA : Youtube video on how to make your own inserts for a traveler's notebook.  Process part of the video starts about 4:17.  Don't forget you can speed up the video if you want  ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:20:32 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: #30 days of lists
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »
Here is the cover to my traveler's notebook insert.

I will share some pics of a few pages I have decorated.  I haven't really done any stamping in it ... yet.  Maybe as I start listing in it I will add some stamping.

The first two spreads show some tags I made in April's August challenge to use an alcohol ink floating technique.  The last two spreads show some collage elements (braided strip and winged characters) I bought at my LSS, fussy cut and glued in.

I'm just about half way decorated and anxious to start listing!

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 07:14:40 PM »
I LOVE  :smitten: your traveler's notebook!  It sounds like you have found something really fun to do with it.

I looked up the challenge.  It seems to be sortof a scrapbooking journaling challenge? Yes? No?

I'm not sure I am up for it, although I do like the idea of doing something small everyday...
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 10:28:35 PM »
Thanks Heidi!  It was fun to make. 

I copied this from the #30 Days of Lists blog

This is not a competition – it’s a personal creative challenge that we each take to set aside some time for ourselves to make something as simple as a list.

Nothing fancy, no expectations, no wrong way to make a list.

For some people it's like an art journal, some planner people/bullet journalers just incorporate the list in their every day planners.  To see what other's are doing, or have done in the past ... search for #30lists or #30daysoflists on Instagram.  I've seen some where they just inserted a project life card in pocket page albums and list on the card ...
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:36:20 PM »
Day 1 prompt was "But first ..."
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 01:19:56 PM »
Day 2 . I know you've seen this layout, but here it is with the list filled in and some added stamping.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 02:21:18 PM »
Your lists are so cute!  Good job!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »
BYH Cindi. I KWYM about old appliances often lasting longer. We had a backup fridge from the mid 60s & it finally died in 2014 .
Glad u & urs came thru ok.
Daniel

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 04:54:35 PM »
I can't do anything for 30 days.  I have tried!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 11:30:46 AM »
 :-\  As it turns out, neither can I!  (do anything for 30 days) I dropped the ball on my 30days of lists when the hurricane prep ramped up!  I'm hoping to start back today, and maybe do 2 a day to catch up.  All I've made recently are hurricane lists, what to buy, don't forget to do this and that, what did I forget and need to buy for the next hurricane ...  Now I wish I just wrote them in my little list book, even thought they were off topic.  Instead I put them on my phone so I would have them with me while shopping, but I usually delete items as I purchase them, so the lists haven't stayed intact.
Cindi