Author Topic: if u could design your own stamps...  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
if u could design your own stamps...
« on: September 13, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »
What would you design? A lovely compliment from April about seeing my drawings turned into stamps is the impetus for this topic. TY Willy.
So... If all u had to do were to draw the designs what would your stamps be?
Feel free to post lots or little. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:43:16 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: if u could design your own stamps...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:03:28 PM »
Needless to say-- my designs wud b mostly detailed rather than simply outlines.
I'd do lots of characters & want to have lots of ways to rearrange the parts. And for good measure I'd want each stamp to come with its own set of masks--inner & outer.
I'd do several series & most would work across the all my characters.
I'd do some sets that were just accessories & others that extended the original character set.
I'll try drawing some of my ideas & share them witcha.
Hope some of u will do likewise. Your drawings don't have to b Rembrandts--just something to give us an idea. Ok?
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:21 AM »
So Daniel, I can imagine some critters from you that you could mix and match to make little scenes?

I have often wondered what kind of stamps I would like that aren't already made.  I will think on it and see if I can come up with anything. 

One thing that I think is missing is actually sentiments. I think there needs to be more sentiments for kids that are easy for them to read.  No fancy fonts or cursive.  They get confused, even when they are old enough to read.  But they need to have puns, because they LOVE puns.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:21:48 AM »
Heidi. I like ur idea of punny sentiment stamps. Along with words such a series could include graphics to use as words. Good idea pal.
BTW... Just explaining ur stamp designs is fine.
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
I know I said that simple outline stamps would not be in the majority of my designs but as the basis of an interactive sets it needs to start with simple.
The additional set stamps would contain more detail.
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »
A set of hats & such for use with heads & hands
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »
Here's a card I made using 'stamps' from my imagined sets.
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 08:58:12 PM »
What a clever exercise, making a card from your imagined stamps!  It turned out really well.  Definitely a character with character!

I'm feeling a little brain fogged, not at all clever tonight. 

I bought a carving tool and some rubber with coupons a long time ago, but I haven't ever decided what I need to carve!  There are SO MANY stamps out there.  Yes, it would be creative of me to carve my own ... I do see other hand carved stamps that I like.  I'm drawn to the wood cut look with stray lines, not carved perfectly clean.  However, I know the perfectionist in me would want to clean it up if I was carving it, ha!

Also, one of the things I like about stamping is I don't have to be good at drawing!

I'll let you know if I think of a design ...
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 07:46:32 AM »
Very cool imagined stamps, Daniel. I like the way you could mix and match and make the artwork your own, if you had that type of stamps.  The card looks great, the boo you sentiment is fun.

If I had the rubber to carve, i think I would try to carve some very small pitchers that could be lemonade or iced tea, and some little citrus slices.  I also would like some more stamps to make frames with, like very small ornamental pieces that I could fit to any size image.  I love peg stamps from Rubber Stamp Tapestry, but they are missing some that I would like to use. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »
Although we could carve our own stamps, doing outline ones is not something I'd want to tackle.
Far easier to send the designs to a mf & have them make the stamps. KWIM
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »
Daniel, in the past, I recall that you were going to submit some designs to a stamp company. I definitely think you should give it a try! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
I agree with Heidi about you submitting drawings to some stamp companies. I love your ghost and pumpkin you drew recently and the guy under the umbrella. I think caricature stamps are fun and have punny sayings to go with them.

I am all over the place when it comes to stamps. I do love birds a lot, though.

If I think of other things I will get back with you!

April :smile: