Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2017 - November  (Read 4899 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2017 - November
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 07:13:36 PM »
Oh wow, I am going to have to catch up here in the gallery!

I actually made 2 Christmas cards today. I will try to photo them tomorrow afternoon.  As I was looking through my Christmas box of supplies, I started wondering if I should use these projects for Daniel’s challenge too! I don’t have a ton of Christmas stamps that I love.  (Now, I do like the stamps I used today, although they were underused.) 

So then I spent a long time perusing online stores to see if I should buy some new Christmas stamps.  I thought about buying Gina K’s stamp tv kit (I have a small gift certificate to her store that I haven’t spent yet) but then it is sold out!  Then, I saw there are new Stacy Yacula stamps at Purple Onion. I do have a couple of her other stamps that I use a lot, so I am considering that!  And there were quite a few fun stamps (many Penny Black) at 123 Stitch. 

What are your favorite Christmas stamps?  Do you buy new ones each year, or use the same ones over and over again?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 07:01:22 AM »
Most years I get a new stamp for my Christmas  cards, but I always get new words for the inside of the card.
This year I got several new to me used stamps for Christmas, so next year I will only get new words for the inside.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »
Most years I get a new stamp for my Christmas  cards, but I always get new words for the inside of the card.
This year I got several new to me used stamps for Christmas, so next year I will only get new words for the inside.

That’s a really smart way to do it.  That way, the images and sayings are sure to be new each year.

I went to Michael’s today and found two small stamp sets on clearance!  So I do have something new to work with.  And I still am pondering getting the Penny Black set and a couple of the new Purple Onion stamps. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 08:59:35 AM »
Wonderful cards, Heidi! 

There have been more than a  few years when I've told myself I don't need any new Christmas stamps, and try not to buy any ...
Sometimes I can last, until the big after Christmas sales, then I often cave!  I've tried to convince myself to get rid of some of my older Christmas stamps, especially from years when I made 80 or so of the same card ... but I have the worst time decluttering stamps! 

I would really like some new sentiments for the inside, I do get tired of those. 

I also saw some stamps on clearance at Michael's and I was surprised.  Maybe they are making room for new Christmas?  I didn't see much in new Christmas stamping/card making.  The Hero Arts layering trees I used during Inktoberfest were on sale.  I got a set of Hero Arts Christmas sentiments on a good sale after Christmas last year (so I guess I don't really need more ...) CL722 if you're looking for a nice set.  I love it when I can get the "good" stamps on sale (as opposed to cheaply made clear sets).

Thank you everyone for linking up your clever creations here!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »
Maybe we should swap some Christmas stamps? I was just thinking this morning that the one Stampin Up set, I will probably not use again. It is cute though. 

One of the clearance sets I got was the Hero Arts layering tree. I played with it quite a bit this weekend (only one finished card). Want to know the funny thing?  I went online and ordered the matching die! (The stamp set was $6 and the die, on sale, was $10!!!!)  I have been finding that the layering stamp sets are difficult to fussy cut. I also ordered the dies for one of my Gina K layering flowers.  I usually do not get matching dies, but in these cases, I think they will really help me get more out of the stamps. 

I could really use some good Christmas sentiments!  I will check that one out.

I will hopefully take photos of my cards from the weekend to post soon. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 09:49:30 AM »
I was thinking the same thing Heidi (about swapping) O0.  Should we start now, for this Christmas, or do it next year each month? 
I think it would be pretty inexpensive to mail a few stamps in a bubble envelope, or one clear stamp set.

Anyone else interested?

I did the same with the Hero Arts layering tree.  I found the stamp set on sale at Michaels and went online to buy the matching dies.  I stamped and cut a bunch of trees when my sister was in town for Halloween, but I haven't made them in to cards yet.  Hopefully soon.  I counted my completed Christmas cards yesterday and I am only a little over half way done!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:52:11 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »
Although I don't really have any spare stamps I could swap original drawings--Christmas oriented.
Anyone who wanted could request specific like Santa etc.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 11:26:07 AM »
Here is my project with the Hero Arts Layering tree.  I did not use the snow layer for this card because I didn’t feel like heat embossing at the time.  Cindi, I will look forward to what you make with yours!!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3709#top_display_media
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:29:00 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
Maybe we should set up a separate thread in the swap forum for the Christmas stamp swap?  I have a few in mind I could swap.  I could do it now or after Christmas depending on what the majority want to do. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 07:30:34 PM »
Wow Heidi!  You've been busy!  Such cute cards.  I love the greens you used on your layering tree.  The snow isn't missed.

I love letterpress, but it can be a real pain to to keep it nice and neat, I've tried it, but I don't think I've created any "keepers". Jennifer McGuire did a faux letterpress technique using die cuts.  I linked her video in my gallery post.  5 more cards to add to my stash.  Maybe eventually I will make a card that uses the Drummer Boy prompt?
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 05:54:30 PM »
Here is a card of which I made 5 others of.  I used various dry embossed backgrounds for the others. TFL

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3727#top_display_media