Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2018 - January  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2018 - January
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:33:22 PM »
It's hard to believe, but here we go again!

Here's to a stress free December.  What?!  I wouldn't know what that looks like, but at least it would be nice to get those cards out sooner. 
This year's cards weren't mailed until December 30th ... but that was better than last year.  I think I skipped it entirely last year.

So one of my goals is to mail a little sooner next year!

Please let us know what your goal is for this year ... do you have a certain number of cards you'd like to make per month?

I will state my goal as 8 cards per month.  That way if I make 8 for 11 months I will be done creating and can start mailing!

I think plaid has been popular lately and I put a few plaid backgrounds on my last few cards so this month's prompt is : PLAID!
You can stamp your own plaid, swipe ink to create plaid, or use plaid printed paper ... even add a little plaid when you're coloring an image.  As much or as little as you like.  Let's see your PLAID!

I hope you'll play along with me again this year!  As always, please post your Christmas cards to the Christmas All Year 2018 folder (I've just asked Sadie to make us one, so you might not see it just yet).  The prompt is always optional.  Think about how good you'll feel to get ahead already!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2018 - January
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:14:49 AM »
I have a hard time with goals.  I think i will say I would like 5 a month.  I think I sent around 50 this year. I do want to be more consistent this year, making a few every month, although I do often make more in July.  I got a lot of my cards out earlier this year, but not all of them.  I would also like to have them ready first week of December. 

Thanks for hosting this challenge again!  I do love it.  I like the plaid prompt. I think I might have some papers around.  I would be tempted by a plaid background stamp. I know there is one out there you can stamp in layers for different colors. 

Here’s to another great Christmas All Year!   O0
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
I am giving this some serious thought!  If I continue to host my family's holiday gathering I would love to have my cards ready early
November.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »
I might as well admit it ...
This is the Concord and 9th plaid stamp set that inspired this month's challenge.  I saw it being used in some youtube videos before Christmas and splurged.  I haven't used it yet.  I'm sure it will take a little fussing with even though Jennifer McGuire makes it look easy.  It's replacing a plaid stamp in my stash that was part of a Fiskar's set that didn't give a very good impression. 

Also, if you'd like to get more ideas, Pinterest also inspired this month's challenge.  I saw some pretty cards combining plaid and the Stampin Up cable knit sweater embossing folder. 
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:41:17 AM »
Thanks for continuing this post this year! This challenge has helped me so much! I plan to make 3-4 cards each month. I just made some plaid backgrounds and I also have plaid paper so I am good to go! :smile:

April

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 09:32:20 PM »
I'm glad you're in for another round, April!  Sounds like your plaid is ready to roll.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:34:22 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 06:36:24 PM »
Here to a tutorial for making a plaid background with a stencil. Perhaps one could make the stencil with a punch.  Here is the link.
This tutorial is created by stamping mathilda a stamping pal from 2 Peas.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:41:37 PM by Far North »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 01:14:43 PM »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:18 PM »
Jan, thanks for sharing the link!  I would never have thought to make plaid from that stencil.  I bet I have something similar.

April, I love the plaid background you made!  That is a fun technique too.  Your cards turned out really cute.
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »
So my goal is to make 5 cards a month.  That way, I should be done by the end of November.  We'll see if I manage to follow through.  Thanks for the challenge, Cindi.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
I have two cards.

This first one uses the prompt:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3792#top_display_media

And this second one is a by product of the first, since the color didn’t match the paper:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3791#top_display_media

I do have some scraps of that patterned paper, but otherwise, that was it for Christmassy plaids.

2 of 5 done!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:02 PM »
Hooray!  You're on your way, Heidi.  Two cute cards!

I hope you can join in Sarah.  It will be sooo nice to have some cards ready to go when December rolls around again.
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
I was so happy to see the 2018 Christmas cards being posted.  Yea!  I'm not going to even try to make a goal. I've been so remiss in making cards.  I'll do what I can when I can.  That's all I can say.  I just ordered April's Stampendous Polar Bear set--so darn cute.  I already have a lot of backgrounds made--even some of those with the distress inks and the acrylic paint lines.  Nora and I made a bunch of those last year. 

Here's hoping I won't be desperately making cards in December this year.

Thank you for the challenge, Cindi.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 12:39:30 PM »
Don't worry about the goal!  Do what you can to feel better in December  :smile:
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
My plaid on this one was the washi tape

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3808#top_display_media

This one I used Lucky clover distress oxide ink to stamp over patterned paper that I also used to make the flower

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3809#top_display_media
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:24:19 AM by Conniecrafter »