Author Topic: August 2014 Kit-In-An-Envelope Swap/Challenge. Celebrating Creativity!  (Read 25646 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Although August is many days away, we (CarribeanGirl) & I have decided to reboot KIAE here earlier than we did on 2Ps timeframe for signup. That will give us time to iron out any hiccups & potential roadbumps. Since we didn't have a July KIAE, I will be August's swap host.  :angel:

August 2014 KIAE

This swap requires players to make 2 identical kits that fit in an envelope size given below. You will send one envelope & keep one. You will receive an envelope from another player, too. Please pay attention to the information provided below concerning requirements & feel free to ask questions & comments.

Deadlines: Signup by 7/19; Envelope/kit mailed on/or before 7/28; Projects shared on/or before 8/31 (Aug.)

Envelope Sizes/styles: Your 'kit' must fit into a 4x9 or 5x7 regular envelope--no specialty envelopes permitted (ie, padded).

Kit Contents: Your envelope must include a minimum of 2 stamped images (non-sentiment) & all images must be done a minimum of twice. You may do more images & also include sentiments, but they must all be done twice (or more). No other requirements for this month's kits. You may include whatever you wish as long as it will make it thru the mail.

Theme: Celebrate! Doesn't matter what/how you interpret this, but both your kept & received kit projects must use the theme.

Project Requirements: Your kept & received projects must include a minimum of 3 items from the respective kit. All other projects may use fewer kit items once the required ones have been shared

About ship-to addresses... If you've been in a previous KIAE, chances are we have your address. If you're unsure, send mt your address by message.

Chances are I'll be editing once we get this swap rolling. We'll be posting the swap match-ups by 7/20-21.

Let the fun commence! :knuppel2:

OK fellow swappers! Time to do the who's! Note: if you need an mailing address, send a message or email. Envelopes mustbe mailed by July 28--no exceptions!

Dan>YellowCherrios
YellowCherrios>MichelleD
MichelleD>Neysa
Neysa>SWL
SWL>CarribeanGirl
CarribeanGirl>Heidi
Heidi>LeighAnn
LeughAnn>Nerd
Nerd>Dan

Please post that you have read this post & see who your send-to is.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:49:47 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
Re: August 2014 Kit-In-An-Envelope Swap/Challenge Signup & 'Blog'
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
Hooray!!  #>  Looking forward to this!! Time to celebrate!!  :D
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:10:06 PM »
Hi April! OK! We have two players so far & need one more to make this swap a 'go'.

Looking forward to what UtahAnn has planned, as well. :smile:

Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »
As I said, I'm in. I appreciate the leeway in this month's swap requirements, for our first month doing it here.  Woowoo!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
TY, Heidi! This swap is now a 'go'. Looking forward to seeing if we have come more suckers--I mean brave souls! ;D
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »
Count me in!  #>

MicheleD

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 12:35:37 AM »
I'm in! Thanks for hosting this swap again!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
Terrific! That puts our swapper count @ 5 currently.

Since we're doing a theme for this month (Aug), those who are into making & sending cards can get a jump on theirs--whatever the Celebration might be. And... Some of us might decide to 'theme' our kits. Birthdays are always fun & useful, but Holidays might be fun, too. Especially those that keep us stepping to do like Christmas, Valentines, and Arbor Day  ???  :D

Realizing that we're all always busy, I hope each of us will make an effort to do at least a post-a-week during the length of this S/C. They don't have to be long ones--just share a bit about how your kit-building is going, share ideas, etc. OK?

Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 09:54:32 AM »
Woo Hoo.  I'm so glad you decided to bring the KIAE swap here.   O0

Sign me up.  I'll definitely start working on my kit today.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »
Welcome aboard, Nerd! O0
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 11:55:29 AM »
Celebrate good times woo hoo!
I'm in O0
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
Welcome aboard, Pug!

Now we want to see what you have in store for your August Tag Swap! No pressure*, of course. :D

* All current swappers to the August KIAE are encouraged to send LeighAnn a polite request for her to skip the poll & start the Tag (Swap) thread.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »
I am putting my toes into this stream - And believe me, I will have questions.  Please count me in.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 03:57:49 PM »
Now them - what goes in the envelope.  Stash or new drawer stuff?  Two stamped images, stamped twice.  Clues please.

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
Hi Ann  #> You can include anything you want in your kits as long as it fits inside the required envelope size. Just keep in mind that both kits (the one you send and the one that you keep for yourself) must be identical  O0

"Your envelope must include a minimum of 2 stamped images (non-sentiment) & all images must be done a minimum of twice. You may do more images & also include sentiments, but they must all be done twice (or more). No other requirements for this month's kits. You may include whatever you wish as long as it will make it thru the mail."
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter