Author Topic: August 2014 Kit-In-An-Envelope Swap/Challenge. Celebrating Creativity!  (Read 25648 times)

Offline neyw

• Stampers
Re: August 2014 Kit-In-An-Envelope Swap/Challenge Signup & 'Blog'
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 08:01:55 AM »
Count me in please.  Thanks, Neysa

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »
Welcome aboard Ann & Neysa! O0
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »
I started stamping my kit this weekend.  And I have some ideas for other stuff I'm going to include.

I had a thought/ request/ suggestion - include the type of ink used and the manufacturer of the image written lightly in pencil on the back of the image.  The ink type because not all coloring techniques are compatible with all ink types.  And the manufacturer because it is nice to know.     
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:16 AM »
I started stamping my kit this weekend.  And I have some ideas for other stuff I'm going to include.

I had a thought/ request/ suggestion - include the type of ink used and the manufacturer of the image written lightly in pencil on the back of the image.  The ink type because not all coloring techniques are compatible with all ink types.  And the manufacturer because it is nice to know.     

Good t/r/s, Sarah. I'll try to include the kind of ink I used, but can't promise to include info on the images. I have lots of stamps that I don't know anything about or they may not be in current production. That said, we'll leave it up to each player to include the information they wish/can. Thanx for the input, pal!
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 09:48:08 AM »
I typically try to remember to add the ink information because I know I appreciate it too for deciding what type of coloring. :) 
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »
I know this is cutting it close!!  but sign me up!!   :D

~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »
That's a great idea Sarah!  I'm going to have to do that
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »

Not cutting it close at all, Melissa! Welcome aboard! I have an address for you unless you moved.

Today's question for KIAE swappers... Since we must do a project with (a minimum of) 3 items from each of our kit envelopes--kept & received--does that affect how you build your kit? If so, how?

Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 10:11:25 AM »
Ann has notified me that she is withdrawing from this swap. We'll miss you, pal.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »

Not cutting it close at all, Melissa! Welcome aboard! I have an address for you unless you moved.

Today's question for KIAE swappers... Since we must do a project with (a minimum of) 3 items from each of our kit envelopes--kept & received--does that affect how you build your kit? If so, how?

Also sorry to hear Ann has to pull out of all the swaps and so on.  Hope you will be back crafting soon!

Daniel, when I am making up a kit, I am also thinking of what I will make out if it, so I try to make sure that I feel I have options with it myself.  KWIM?
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »

I don't know... I've done it both ways. My first ever KIAE I made a card first, then de-constructed it for my kit. The last 2 (I've only done 3) I've just added things that, to me, coordinate and then made my project later. I guess it depends on the day  :laugh:

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »
Thanx, Heidi & Kathy! Most of the time, building my kits is pretty easy--especially the stamped images. It's the other additions that usually give me pause. I want to put in enough so I can make a '3-item' while still giving my swapmate options. KWIM?

Although I'm choosing to use the theme (Celebrate) to help me build my kit, I don't want it to force my swapmate to follow my theme choice for their project from the kit I send them. I'm actually enjoying this aspect--not! ;D
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »
I always start with my images first. Then I go from there for including the papers, embellishments and such.
In some of my past kit swaps I have tried to coordinate things so they will mix and match and give options.
I always get hung up on embellisments and thats what takes me the longest to figure out. This could make a good spin off chatty topic, Daniel! Maybe how we go about planning cards or projects, and/or how we purchase things.
LeighAnn

MicheleD

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »
Just like LeighAnn and Daniel, I also start with images and then go from there when building a kit. I find some items that I think coordinate. But then I'll add at least one or two items that don't necessarily go with that original coordination idea I had, to give me and my swapper options. I don't have a definite project layout in mind when I build the kit. The first swap I did, I used what I considered the coordinating items, and for the second I used the 'extras'. The kits are fun because you just have to 'make it work'  O0

MicheleD

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 01:04:23 PM »
And I wanted to add - LeighAnn, if the embellies are the hardest, you might try actually starting with the embellishments first, before picking out any papers or even images you include in a kit.