Author Topic: Pantone Color of the year for 2015  (Read 2375 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Pantone Color of the year for 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
My first thought was that I don't have this ink color!  lol.  I like it a lot, I think it is a classic color.

Could be great for papercrafting projects!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Pretty! I think I have a brilliance dew drop pad that looks similar to it. I think of it as a fall/winter color.
LeighAnn

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »
I'm sorry but what is the color of the year?  Will this color now show up in clothing lines, household items, and of course crafting?  Who exactly decides that this is the color of the year?  I am confused, again!  I guess I don't understand what the color of the year is or does.....it is a pretty color and I agree with Lovepug2 that I would consider it a fall color.  If I have an ink pad of this color am I in vogue now?  LOL (it might be the first time in my life).  But I am sure my ink pad isn't named Marsala though.  But still it is around this color.......

Thank you in advance for explaining just what the color of the year in reality is.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 10:47:27 AM »
Lol, Sadie, I am not 100% sure what Pantone is, but in a few words, they decide what colors are popular across industries from year to year.  I heard that was true many years ago, but I just more recently saw news coverage on them.

I believe this year's color is Radiant Orchid. 
I think 2013 was colbalt blue.

If you pay attention to them, and then go shopping for clothing, craft items or home items --- you will probably see that they really do control the colors!!  Not that someone can't decide to use other colors, but it is amazing how much the industries work together. 

It will be interesting if the wine color will also be present in summer clothes next year.  As clothes go I think it looks nice on everyone.  For crafting I am not so sure.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 10:51:45 AM »
I went to the link again and saw one neat thing is that they have the marsala in different sets of color combos. Kindof fun for crafters.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 12:05:53 PM »
I always thought of Pantone as THE Color Wizard as in Wizard of Oz LOL!  Long, long ago in my first professional job I was responsible for all printed materials.  Pantone is the wizard that determines the exact mixture of color to achieve new colors.  The colors all have numbers so across industries the color can remain true.  It was amazing to me how Girl Scout green could become the exact same color across the US not only on printed materials but on fabrics and all kinds of items from metal, glass, plastic no matter where the product is made.  Of course that was long  before computers I am sure the Wizard has changed a lot since then.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »
Here is another great site when looking for color combinations.  You will want to look under the section titled Fresh Hues to see their mood boards.

I was thinking this post is along the lines of Leigh Ann's earlier post titled Color Tools on the Internet so for future reference I wanted to leave that link here.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
Jan, I like how that site has a photo and then the color scheme. TFS!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »
At another group I belong to, we had a yr long thing where the host would pick one of the pictures and  then we were to make ATC with those colors.  It was very hard for me, I am terrible with color matching.
Born on the fourth of July