Author Topic: WF15 Stencil Surprise Challenge! Winner Announced!  (Read 9594 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Stencil Surprise Challenge!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »
Cindi - both of your cards are amazing.

I've got mine finished and I photoed it, but the photo came out meh.  I'm going to try retaking the photo tomorrow.  I did have a lot of fun making it.
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 10:32:46 AM »
Here is my entry. I used a previously made background, used 6 stamps and doodling to make the "stencil." The butterfly was cut using my eclips2. Thanks for the fun challenge! I love the other entries too!

Stampwilly

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1144#top_display_media

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
Stampwilly that turned out wonderfully.  I like it a lot.  Thank you for playing along with this challenge.  I hope you had fun doing this card.  Thanks again.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »
Here is my project---though I supposeI could mail it b/c I finally did get it cut down to roughly 5x7 (I was trying to give myself room, but maybe should had taken into account the size of a card, lol):

stencil challenge

I really though that this would take longer than it did; I gathered stamps yesterday and ideas, and then I was juts going to do the BG and after lunch before I knew it, it was done!  I had lots of fun with this challegne Sadie-----I really liked this idea of copying a stencil (so that serves as the structure, "to-do" item of the challenge) but then you were free to fill in the BG and use things to copy it (which helps me practice "being free"). Thank you!
~~Melissa :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
Way to go Yellow!  I didn't think it took much time to do either.  I pulled stamps out as I went along for the first one and then left some out for the second, ect.  I thought it was fun to do, so I am glad you had fun too.  Thank you for joining this challenge.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »
I still don't love the photo, but this one came out much better.
Stencil Suprise

I had a lot of fun doing this.  And I agree with Cindi, I want to make more.
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 09:30:46 PM »
I like your card too Craft Nerd.  The colors, the stamps, and the different mediums you used are all wonderful.  Thank you for joining this challenge.  I am glad you had fun playing along.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »
howdyheidi that card is wonderful....I really like the dance/music theme.  It will work great for a young girl as congrats, birthday, have a nice day card...Thank you for joining in and doing such an excellent job.  I hope you had fun.....

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 02:07:07 PM »
Oh Connie, your card turned out neat too.  I like the different colors you used, and the stamps.  Thank you for joining in and I hope you had fun doing it.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 09:53:29 PM »
Yes it was way out of my comfort zone but that is what a challenge is right ! I enjoyed the whole week, Our church was redoing our sanctuary this week and so I had to take a couple days off to do that but I was happy that I didn't have alot of other commitments so I could play along

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 02:21:35 AM »
The gallery is locked so I can not post there. We agreed during Inktoberfest planning that folks in PST and Alaska Standard Time would have allowances made so all had until midnight to post and be included in challenges.  I have seen nothing describing this event to be different. I hopeful my card can still be placed in the gallery as an official entry. I also would still like to be included in the drawing!

WF15 Surprise Stencil; WF15 Color My World
This was such a fun challenge!  I used the stencil layout to create my own collage version. I created several backgrounds to determine what would work best.  The chick stamp is from Red Rubber stamps and is covered with 2 colors of flocking one with glitter.  The grasshopper is by Stampendous and the numbers stamp is by Tim Holtz as well as the dotted fade stencil behind the chick.  Please ask if you want to know the company for any other stamp. 

To create the collage I used distress stains and inks ,  Wendy Vecchi archival inks, wink of stella, embossing powder, Viva Pearl ice white to paint the feathers and of course the flocking. 
Key Words: Spring; collage; watercolor; stencils

One of my favorite challenges!
TFL!...Jan

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:32:19 AM by Far North »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 08:42:22 AM »
very cool Jan, love your little chic in there

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
The gallery is locked so I can not post there. We agreed during Inktoberfest planning that folks in PST and Alaska Standard Time would have allowances made so all had until midnight to post and be included in challenges.  I have seen nothing describing this event to be different. I hopeful my card can still be placed in the gallery as an official entry. I also would still like to be included in the drawing!

WF15 Surprise Stencil; WF15 Color My World
This was such a fun challenge!  I used the stencil layout to create my own collage version. I created several backgrounds to determine what would work best.  The chick stamp is from Red Rubber stamps and is covered with 2 colors of flocking one with glitter.  The grasshopper is by Stampendous and the numbers stamp is by Tim Holtz as well as the dotted fade stencil behind the chick.  Please ask if you want to know the company for any other stamp. 

To create the collage I used distress stains and inks ,  Wendy Vecchi archival inks, wink of stella, embossing powder, Viva Pearl ice white to paint the feathers and of course the flocking. 
Key Words: Spring; collage; watercolor; stencils

One of my favorite challenges!
TFL!...Jan

Your project is wonderful.  I am sorry you had problems with the gallery but it is not locked, the Winterfest 2015 album is not locked.  If you cannot upload to the gallery, sign out of the forum, go to the gallery and make sure you are also signed out of the gallery.  Close the gallery window, then sign back into the forum, then go back to the gallery and make sure you are signed in.  You should now be able to upload your project.....I hope this helps, sometimes you just need to completely sign out and back in to upload, I am not sure what causes this but it does happen. 

You are entered into the drawing for the RAK from the Stencil Surprise Challenge.  I assumed that everyone had until this morning to finish up everything so as far as I am concerned you and your wonderful project made it.
Sadie