Author Topic: Whatcha working on?  (Read 10068 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: Whatcha working on?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 10:02:21 AM »
I think I am going to pick one of the 3 watercolor embossing pieces I did and finish it....along with Heidi's piece.  I need to try the gesso resist and not be afraid...  hehehehe... That's where I'm starting...
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 01:22:20 PM »
I guess I have three completed challenges now, and I have a dried gesso stamping piece that I need to decide what to use for color.

I am at the point I need to clean up my craft area really well, because I keep ruining things by smearing ink and so on.

After that I am going to see if I can work on Melissa's Impression challenge. I think that is a good one to gather materials like we used to for mood boards, and then see where those materials take me.  That sounds like fun!
~~Heidi~~

MicheleD

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 04:48:54 PM »
Hello inkers!
I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I did get your messages telling me about winter fest. & I even voted on a week. However this week is the one I can't make it. I'm in park city skiing with friends all week. Thanks for remembering me even though I haven't been active on the board. I am still crafting, I started pocket page scrapping in 2015 (project life). So while I've been getting the hang of that I haven't done much other crafting or blogging. I'll check out the challenges and maybe find time next week to do a few. Have a great fest!!

Michele

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:30 PM »
Michelle-thank you for posting!  It is good to see you even if you can not play this week  #>  But yes, there is a hangover challenge next week.  Hope to see more of you then.
...Jan
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:40:13 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 07:57:14 AM »
Thanks for checking in Michele.  That would be fun if you could play next week!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 11:25:09 AM »
Michelle have fun skiing.  We do have an underused scrapbooking board, and there are several scrapbookers on here that might like the chance to chat about scrapbooking.  There is also a scrapbooking album in the gallery.  It would be neat to see your cards you are using.

For me I have done something for Looser's challenge which I don't like and am going to need to start something else.  I have done something for yellowcherrios challenge and also do not like that piece so will need to do something else.  And I have done 3 different things for Far North's challenge and do not like any of them so will need to come up with something else for that as well.  I seem to be on a challenge block right now.  I can't seem to come up with ideas that work out like I see them in my head.  LOL!  I have plans to do all the challenges those plans just don't seem to be working out......maybe I should stop planning and just do.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 10:51:30 AM »
Hi everyone.  Hope you are still having fun with Winterfest!  We are up to 12 challenges now with the Drive by added!  I have 6 done, 7, if you count my own.

I have an idea for Daniel's challenge and want to work on that today.  I got a little sidetracked working on a few Christmas cards that did not combo with WF15 challenges. I want to finish them too.

I also want to work on the Drive by today since the time frame is shorter. I think I *may* get to everything.  If not, there is Hangover.  But, I also like to repeat challenges sometimes during Hangover.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »
Sadie - I hope you break through your block.

I did have a chance to work on anything on Monday and Tuesday.  And tonight I mostly worked on parts to go on pieces I started over the weekend.  I did put the finishing touches on my stencil surprise piece and on one of the faux patina pieces, but I'm not happy with the photos I took.  So I'm going to try photographing them again tomorrow. 

So far, the only challenge I haven't at least started is Ann's 3=1 and the drive-by.  I'm planning on working on the drive-by tomorrow.  But Ann's challenge will probably have to wait until this weekend.
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »
I was able to get quite a few done yesterday! I got caught up on my work so I had a craft night last night!

I plan on working on a few more tonight. Jve got ideas for Daniels and Jan's challenge. And I'm still working through CBgirls challenge. I should be able to complete all including the drive by hopefully!
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 09:19:48 AM »
Going to tackle LeighAnn's again and need to experiment with Daniel's today and Ann's I want to try my distress ink droppers and see what happens since I don't have AI yet---and doesn't look like I'll be getting some in next few days with the snow piling on here---I trust my driving in snow but not others...
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 09:09:50 PM »
I finished several projects but haven't had a chance to photo and post them.  I did finally post my stencil surprise piece and the punched flower I made for Melissa's drive-by. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 07:42:07 AM »
Well, we have three days left and I have three challenges left.  We are having company on Sunday afternoon so I hope to work on them today and tomorrow.  Both kids are at school today, so I should have some time, hopefully.

I got my Alcohol inks in the mail last evening!  So I need to open those and get working.  I still have been in the mood to work on Christmas cards, so I have been doing those too.

So i've got the Alcohol ink left, the stencil surprise and Melissa's winter picture (which I have already stamped a couple things to try-out). 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
I plan to work on my challenges this evening. I have Daniel's, Sadie's, Jan's and April's watercolor dry emboss left.
I also need to upload my flower for Melissa's drive by.

Heidi, which colors did you get?
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 08:15:04 AM »
LeighAnn, I got two sets.  Farmers Market has Cranberry, Lettuce and Eggplant, and the other (RL?) Has Bottle (dark green), Terra Cotta and Denim.  From the photo, I had thought that the Bottle color was blue and not green, but that is okay. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »
Pretty colors. I use the farmers market one a lot, especially the cranberry. I was just looking at my bottles the other day and it appears that stream must be one of my favorites because it's almost empty! Can't wait to see what you create with them. If you have vellum, they work really well on that too.
LeighAnn