Author Topic: Is Glad Press n Seal in your toolbox?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Is Glad Press n Seal in your toolbox?
« on: July 03, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
Have you seen Glad's cling product-Press n Seal popping up in You Tube videos?  If you have missed them you might want to checkout these tips.......

Have you had ink/paint/other wet medium leak onto what you wanted to remain a clean surface? Here is a video from a watercolorist who uses cling wrap to protect her journal.

Using Press n Seal for place and gluing sentiments.

And one for positioning lots of die cut pieces- begins at 2:10

Have you seen any other great tips for Press n Seal?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:04:12 PM by Far North »

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Is Glad Press n Seal in your toolbox?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »
It's so funny you posted this Jan, I just watched the one from Simon says stamp! I thought it was a fun fact that Jennifer Mcguires husband invented it!

I have some but haven't use it in crafting. I will have to try it.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 10:04:56 PM »
I have only seen the video where Jennifer McGuire uses it and yes, she said her husband works for P&G and invented it.  Probably as part of a team of people, but nonetheless that is interesting.

I do not like the product for use in the kitchen so I am not sure I will get any for crafting. I was just visiting a relative who uses it and was thinking of stealing a piece, but I did not.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »
I don't use Press N' Seal---though I do know s couple people who do use it, and may ask for a piece sometime from them.   Very cool how it is used to position.  I like that idea!

So interesting the Jennifer McGuire's DH invented it.
~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »
Lol, Heidi! I don't like it for the kitchen either! i have  had the same roll for over a year now and it's down to maybe a foot or so of it left. After watching the video I put the remainder in my craft box! I've been making myself use it up.
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 09:32:25 PM »
This is so funny about our uses of the wrap in the kitchen.  First of all I don't watch TV commercials so I didn't know there was a new product much less how to use it.  It must have been after dinner on Christmas that I put the leftover half of ham in a shallow bowl and grabbed the wrap to cover the part outside the dish.  Mostly I got way too many laughs as it went everywhere but over the ham before landing on the floor.  Grrr...not a great start to using the product.  Actually I learned in time I like using it to cover otherwise open bowls.  But with glass lids for casseroles and plastic lids for other leftovers I don't use very much wrap and I needed some for plastic wrap techniques...so I didn't buy it again either!

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »
Gosh... I love Press n Seal! I use it all the time in the kitchen. On the other hand I hate Saran Wrap, it sticks to nothing! I never thought of using Press n Seal for crafting though. I checked out that video. I'm so doing that! LOL

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 10:44:04 AM »
I'm with you, SWLady!  I love it in the kitchen!  I was so bummed to find I picked up the wrong box last time I shopped and got the regular Saran Wrap.  Any crafty uses for that?  Haha!  I'm off to watch the videos.  Thanks!  I haven't used it to craft with yet.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »
I only buy Saran Cling PLUS, and I am disappointed if I buy the wrong box.

There are crafty ways to use the cling wrap, like on a watercolor background before it dries, or the same thing on an alcohol ink background like I did in my last ATC?.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=78&pid=1810#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~