Author Topic: Whatcha working on?  (Read 8426 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: Whatcha working on?
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 07:53:37 AM »
Just uploaded my last two cards.  This has been a busy week, I hope to find some more time before WF 16 ends.  Looking to work on Daniel's Casting call, Stamp your Ground and Three in One.  Must  check the ending date to see if I can make it.  Also am way behind in leaving praise and must get on that as well.

Being retired doesn't mean you have more time.   

Started taking a camera class last night (6 week class).  This is my very first camera class.  But is for my new camera a Sony 6000A.  Wish me luck. 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 01:33:02 PM »
I have uploaded 5 projects (plus some for my own challenges) for 4 different challenges now.  There are 6 more!   I hope to have time this weekend to work on more projects because I am having a lot of fun! 

I got behind in commenting but have made some headway on that today too.  I love fests because everyone gets so creative! 

Ann, I hope you enjoy your camera class!  That sounds fun!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 02:36:45 PM »
working on a mardi gras mask & just put the work (so far) in the gallery.
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »
I am working on a material girls project.  Big project...going slow.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 08:08:38 PM »
Ann - have fun at your camera class.

I finished up another card for standing tall and surprise your valentine last night.  I just need to photo them tomorrow.  I'm planning on working on a Bingo twist card tomorrow since I need a birthday card for my second cousin thrice removed. I know that sound weird.  He's my dad's cousin's grandson and he is going to "college" (it's a trade school) near here.  So I met him for the first time in September.  But we're going to dinner for his birthday this weekend because he's on the side of the family of the other cousins who are coming down from NY this weekend.

And I think that may be it for me for WF16.  I've got a busy weekend ahead.  I've have a hair appointment tomorrow and dinner out with the extended family.  Then Sunday we're going to Universal.  Monday is lunch at Animal Kingdom and window shopping at downtown Disney, which is now called Disney Springs, which is weird and I don't think any of the locals are buying into the name change.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2016, 09:43:24 AM »
It is hard to believe that Winterfest is coming to a close.  I hear that Craft Nerd has an idea for a hangover challenge, and that is good to hear because I never like challenges to end.

I am hoping to get one more challenge done today.

Can't believe it is the last day of January already!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2016, 10:30:49 AM »
This week went by quick! I got quite a few challenges done and I may get to finish a couple more today. I've had so much fun! I'm way behind commenting on threads and leaving praise so I need to get on that.
I've really enjoyed the challenges this fest!

I worked on some last night and went to change my trimmer blade. First I didn't realize I got the wrong one, second the little wire broke. And to top it all off, while I was attempting to change it I cut my finger. My hands were cold, so I honestly didn't really feel anything but I saw what I thought was red ink on my trimmer, but nope! It wasn't a huge cut but I guess where it cut made it bleed more, it bled forever. So now I'm out a trimmer and band aids.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »
I did get two more challenges done today.  That is 9 out of 13, by my count.  I am going to call that done since it is getting late!   I did post my photo of my after desk, and it will be fun to see how the rest of you fared insofar as clean up. 

LeighAnn, that stinks about your timer. I wonder if fiskars would replace your wire.  That must have been scary to get cut like that!   Not sure if you needed to buy a new trimmer now, but fiskars did come out with a new one where the blade replacement is a bit different and they have a better way than the wire to get a straight edge.  Might be worth checking out.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
sorry to hear about your accident LeighAnn, that sounds very painful

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 09:53:36 AM »
Sorry LeighAnn-it's a real bummer to have wire break when you are working on a special event!  Do know that while Fiskars is friendly about replacements it does take  "forever" to receive the replacement--like 6 weeks.  You can fill out the request for a replacement online.  They will only replace the wire and will send instructions on how to change it out. You will need a photo of the broken wire attached to the trimmer and the model #.  Once they approve your request they will tell you that you can cut off the wire and still use your trimmer.  It means you  don't have to buy a new trimmer while you are waiting but I really like that feature...otherwise I'd buy a different trimmer. Do know if you ruined a blade when the wire broken they will also replace it. 

I have had 3 wires break over a 5-10 year period...and they have replaced it each time. If do not hear back from Fiskar's in a timely manner do follow-up with them-1 time they "lost" my initial request for a replacement and another time the wire did not arrive when the said it would-they replaced it but it took another several weeks.

I do a large % of my purchases online. Now I have created a separate e-mail file for all of my on-line orders so I don't have to search so far when issues arise.  It has really made my communication efforts easier to have their documentation at my fingertips. 

Good luck with your replacement efforts!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »
Yikes, LeighAnn.  I've finally gotten to the point when I don't cut myself every time I change my blade.  And I had to google to see what you guys were talking about regarding a wire.  I have a fiskar, but it is the one with the rotary blade so there is no wire.

Sarah