Author Topic: What do you do with your cards/projects?  (Read 1923 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
What do you do with your cards/projects?
« on: March 29, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
Just wondering what other Crafters do with their cards and projects once you finish one up.

Do you display it for yourself?
Do you send it out right away?
Do you put it in storage?

Something else?
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: What do you do with your cards/projects?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »
I do all of those things with my finished stuff.  Sometimes I display it until I need to use the machine they are sitting on and then I put them away in boxes.  My DIL and daughter go through them often and take the ones they want.  I also send them or give them soon after they are done if it is for someone's birthday or anniversary.  When we have a fest I usually set all the things I make on top of the scanner and then put them away a couple weeks after the fest is over.  Sometimes I take the cards apart and use them in my art journals.  My art journals get put away on a shelf when I am not using them.  Sometimes I take them apart and use different elements on scrapbooking pages.  Those go into yearly albums and go downstairs when the year is full of pages. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 08:31:59 PM »
I send them out, if I made extra they go into file box till I need to send it out?
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
I usually do not make cards especially for anyone, but if I do, it is almost always last minute and so I send that out right away.

I often display a few recent cards on top of my craft cabinet.  Christmas cards go in a box, and all other cards go in a basket. 

Right now I have a lot of thank yous to send, so I took out a bunch of those and have them on the table to work on as I get time. 

I think I am doing better with actually sending out the cards this year because my basket is much less full!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 03:13:44 PM »
Most of my cards go to friends and family who live outside of Alaska. Since I don’t see them often I like to think of them as I make their card and remember the fun moments we shared.  I add all my F&F cards to my Outlook calendar 2 weeks before the event which is my goal for completing the card.  I have all the dates reoccurring for the next 10 years so I don’t have to think about re-doing it.  Once the card is made I find if I don’t immediately complete all the details of the inside and envelope I have a hard time completing it and timely mailing it because I often put away the supplies I used.  Sometimes they sit on my ledge for a few days but mostly they get mailed promptly. Other cards are put in a storage box.  All cards I receive are placed on display so I can see them from my desk.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
Every card or project I make is for someone, even when we have challenges on here I try to see who's birthday is coming up that I could use that challenge in their card.  A few challenges I have done I just didn't know who to give it too so it goes in a box to use later, but I hardly ever have a card that doesn't go out within a week or so.  I have a large extended family, and a select group at church that I make cards for too, so it keeps me quite busy.  I have made a few projects for myself, I think it's important to have a few creations you made that you love around to enjoy :)