Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2016  (Read 8290 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2016
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »
Here is one of my entries. I used color bursts and embossing powder on my card.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2804#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »
April, I just checked out your card, and I love it!  That Color Burst piece is gorgeous.  Love the deer; I have a few of the old Cuttlebug dies, but I don't recall having seen anything like this very cool deer!

Thank you for playing.
Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 11:27:05 PM »
I finished seven cards!  Hopefully, I'll get them posted tomorrow. 

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 10:02:21 AM »
April, that's such a bright and fun card!  I can see why you like that deer image; he's shows so much spirit and energy.

Daria 

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
I just posted my cards:

The six I planned.

The extra due to a mistake

Where you can see more pictures in my gallery on Scrapbook.com

This brings me up to fourteen cards for the year!

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »
I made four more cards today--easy ones.  I'll try to get them posted tomorrow.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »
Wow, Daria, you are really on a roll!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 01:13:14 AM »
I finished four more cards--three Merry Christmas and one Feliz Navidad.  I copied these from a sample card I saw at Mainely Stamping, a small stamp store in Fairfield, CA.  I changed mine a tiny bit, but basically the cards are the same.  Feliz Navidad

I used Dritz Fray Check on the ribbon.  I almost always use it on the raw edges, and it has never left a mark once it had dried.  This time, it did leave a mark.  I cut the edges again, leaving just a tiny bit of the ribbon treated with Fray Check.  Works for me.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 07:50:48 AM »
Daria, your bow is perfect!

I have two more cards today.  I did the same thing as last time and made two variations of the same card.  That seems to satisfy the need to get cards made and my "need" to make them all different.

Here is the 1st variation and here is the second.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 12:35:53 PM »
I'm so happy to see some of you are being productive this month!

I still have only 1 card finished and two more of the same image to finish in to cards ... hopefully soon!

Daria, your stenciled cards look great.  I didn't realize they weren't the same as the original paste embossed card, had to take a second look.  Love the classy look the stenciling gives and your pillowtop backgrounds are a nice match.

April, cute deer cards!  Love the brusho background ... I need to get my color bursts out!

And Heidi, such cute ribbon images, and so cleanly stamped!

Keep up the good work  ;)
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 12:38:36 PM »
Forgot to ask you Daria, how are the kittens doing?  I give you TONS of credit for taking on the challenge of spaying and neutering and raising them up!  You are a good citizen and pet owner. 
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »
Heidi, I love the way you used the ribbon stamps to create a fun background for a Christmas card.  Nice sentiment circle too!

Cindi, we have two adults "fixed."  We'll start capturing more of those a week from now when a clinic spot will be available.  I have eighteen adorable kittens in two pens in the house.  (I thought there were twelve.)  Some of them had eye problems so we are giving all of them eye ointment and antibiotics.  They are so sweet.  It's hard to believe that they are the same kittens I couldn't even approach when they were outside.  Once they are two pounds, healthy, and friendly with people, they will go to a no-kill shelter that will try to find them homes.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that happens.  There are a lot of homeless kittens out there in need of homes.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 06:54:55 PM »
OH my goodness, 18 kittens!  I was at the pet store earlier this week for some supplies, and they had a bunch of cute kittens for adoption. I was tempted, but I think my 15 year old cat would not have been happy. 

Cindi, I love your basket of holly!

I have one more card completed, but it is sitting on deck while I decide if it needs any embellishments or not. 

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 08:17:47 PM »
Yikes!  Eighteen kittens?!  Daria, you are a saint!  I just heard a story on the news here that there are tons of kittens at the Humane Society.  Why don't people spay and neuter their cats?!! 

I'm happy you like my Holly Basket!  Haha!  There is a funny story behind it.  Today I did a stamped image search to see if I could find the manufacturer because I stamped it at my mom's and didn't remember who made it.  Well, I found out I colored it "differently" (or you could say, "wrong")!   I had a hard time deciding where exactly some of the holly leaves went.  It is a cling stamp with just a black outline, no picture, for the index.  So today when I found the image and some samples on a UK site, it turns out I turned part of the basket in to holly.  I'm sharing with you, but I doubt the recipients will notice  :o

I painted 3 baskets on the 4th of July and just today got them on to finished cards (well sort of, the insides aren't stamped yet, I confess).  I was feeling uninspired when it came to deciding on a layout.  Sorry for the delay.  I uploaded the first card, ran out to meet DH for a quick dinner and just got back.  Well, I might have stopped at J's and M's on the (out of the)way home. ::)

Holly Basket 1

Holly Basket 2

Holly Basket 3

Here is a picture of the stamp with samples underneath (You can see the rest of the basket, on the left side, haha!)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:23:08 PM by Iring »
Cindi