Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2016  (Read 8469 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2016
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »
I need to go check out the sketch site Holly mentioned, Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm feeling uninspired when it comes time to put a card together.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:34:48 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 08:18:17 AM »
Good idea, Cindi.  I like to look at the sample cards and the submitted cards to see how people interpret a sketch.  I like seeing the different ways people use the sketch to create something a bit different, something you need to really check out to see that it truly was inspired by the sketch. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »
The other sketch sites that I often look at are
CASe this Sketch. These are very minimalistic, but I often use them as a starting point and then add something.
Mojo Monday. These are traditional sketches.
 Retro Sketches
Sketch Saturday I just found this one today.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 06:06:21 PM »
Thanks, Heidi.  I'll add those to my list.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2016, 08:27:44 AM »
I guess this is the last week of July!

Here are two more cards I finally got photographed today:

Pine Branch Border

Flowers and Branches

I do have another Christmas background finished, but I haven't had any ideas what to do with it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »
It can't be the last week!  I was going to finish a ton of cards this month.  Instead, I've been medicating, feeding, holding, and playing with eighteen kittens.  Not to mention trapping the adults.  I even got a stranger cat go into one of the traps.  Good thing because the poor thing had a foxtail in her eye and it was a mess.  The SPCA Clinic that is spaying and neutering these cats also fixed her eye.  She'll come back with the others a much happier cat.  I hope she won't be blind in that one eye; it was such a mess I thought she'd been in a fight and lost.  Fortunately, the medicating is over except for the last, elusive, kitten we caught a couple of days ago.  It is so calm.  I think he or she is happy to have found all the other kittens, and he's not alone anymore.

My daughter--you know the one I have to wake up to draw names out of the hat--has been a trooper.  She does most of the feeding, and she cleans out the litter boxes and pens.  Thank goodness!

Heidi, when someone posts more than one card, I always try to pick out a favorite.  Can't do it.  I looked back and forth at both of them, and the conclusion is I love them both.  Thank you for playing.

Daria 

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2016, 06:01:05 PM »
Wow!  I came to check and see if any holiday cards had been posted and found two rows of them!  April, they are all wonderful Christmas cards.  Love the trucks, trees, and snowmen!  Thank you for playing. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2016, 07:02:01 PM »
April, you are either going to be done really early for your Christmas cards, or you are going to need to add people to your list!

Great cards!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2016, 09:08:07 AM »
I am back with two more cards.  They are pretty much the same, but one is a One-layer card with Waterbased markers, and the Other I used alcohol markers and mounted the panel on a dark base.

I think this will probably be all for me this month, although I do still have a background watercolored, I haven't figured out what I will do with it yet.  Looks like I got 10 done! Yay!

Thanks again for hosting, Daria!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2016, 11:54:41 AM »
I love these, Heidi.  My favorite one is the one on the black card base.  You know me; I always want a mat of some kind.  Both cards are wonderful, and I hope I can find what I need to make something similar.  Thank you for playing.

We only have two more days left.  I'm spending today with my son (his birthday).  I am hoping to make more cards tomorrow, the last day of July. 

I'm still spending tons of time with the cats and kittens.  Five of the kittens have been adopted, and two more are spoken for.  This makes all the upheaval worth it.  That's seven cats that won't be homeless wanderers.  Eleven more to go!

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2016, 10:35:57 AM »
I'm bummed that I didn't get more cards made.  I stamped 3 copies of an angel yesterday afternoon but pooped out before I got them colored.  I slept pretty late today so I should be recovered by now from sleeping in a tent last week!  We were in Oshkosh, WI for the Experimental Aircraft Association Fly-In.  Thousands of airplanes (DH estimates 10,000)!  Thousands of people.  We had a lot of fun though.  Airshow every afternoon, flying related movies at night (outside on a gigantic inflatable movie screen, with free popcorn).

Lots of dirty laundry to do today ... haha! 

I'm off to get that started, then I'm anxious to come back and see what was added to the gallery last week.

Thanks for hostessing again Daria!
I'll start a thread for Christmas All Year - August.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »
Just caught up on this thread, I think, hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Heidi, thanks for the sketch links!  I love your layout with the banners!

April, looks like you had a wonderful day on Saturday!  How do you manage to be so productive?!  And so many looks, from sweet, to cute, classic ... all well done!

Daria, I'm happy to hear your kittens are doing well and finding good homes.  Thank goodness your daughter is helping!  That is a lot of kittens!  I think you need that stamp April used on her purple card. 
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2016, 03:01:27 PM »
I'm here.  I'm here.

I just need to write all of your names on a slip of paper for each card you made.  I'll be back in a while.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2016, 03:27:51 PM »
OK.  I'm baaaack!

We made thirty-three Christmas cards in July.  Hurray!  I didn't make as many as I had hoped, but I now have ten more than I had before July.  I now have eleven.  Don't laugh!

I wrote all your names down as I scrolled through the Discussion Thread and saw links to the gallery.  Then I went to the challenge album to double-check.  I congratulate us on linking every single card we made and putting them in the correct album.  I think that's a first!

Thank you to one everyone who played.  I loved seeing all of your cards, and you gave me some good ideas to make more of my own.

I know your'e all thinking, "Enough already.  Who won?"

You know all about the trusty hat, the tiny slips of paper folded over and over, bouncing them around in said trusty hat, etc. etc. etc.

Heidi, my daughter, drew the lucky name this time.
She was a bit startled to see who had one.
I usually write out your user names, but . . .
 . . . this time I wrote out your real names . . .
 . . . so when she saw her own name, she did a double-take.
Congratulations, Heidi!  If you haven't moved since the last time you won, then I have your address.  I think I'll wait for you to send me a PM to confirm that you're still there.

Thank you, Everyone, for playing along. 

Daria