Author Topic: MARCH 2015 KIAE Signups Closed/Partners Posted  (Read 19170 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: MARCH 2015 KIAE Signups Closed/Partners Posted
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
WTG, Sarah! I can see the embossing peeking out on your oval & like both your kept projects!

My 2 kept pieces are in the mail (last Mon.)--1 to CG & 1 to Melissa. They should be arriving soon. One of them is 'Springier' than the other, but I like both of them. That's not a 'first' for me, but still rare. ;)

Giving props to Sarah & any KIAE swapper who incorporates other AI challenges & topics in their projects. When April & I started KIAE, one of our mutual goals was to see swappers do that very thing. We saw it often on 2Ps & we're pleased to see it continue here @ AI.  O0

Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »
Now that we're back in town, I am hoping your kit is in my mail today, Daniel! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 11:50:11 AM »
Received my kit from Melissa today. I hope to play with it soon. Had to take my little one to the doctor this morning, so I don't think I will be able to make anything today. Love the images you included!

Also received an envelope from Daniel. I will email your projects in a bit!  O0

Sarah, I love both of your projects! Those images are so cute!!
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »
I hope your little one will feel better soon, April!  I am glad my kit made it!  I'm glad you liked the images--I am trying to make myself (and I guess you too since you got the same images, lol) use some of my "less often" used stamps. I like the images and I do not know why I do not grab them more often.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 09:37:40 AM »
I hearya about using some of the stamps we have that haven't touched ink in a while, Melissa. One of the pitfalls of acquiring more images can be that some of our earlier faves get a bit neglected.

Since I'm in the process of sorting my stamps for the clean-out, I've been a bit surprised at how many images I've put in the 'sell' box with nary a twinge. Many were un-requested designer samples from several mfrs. & even some that were designer-requested are in the sale carton--usually because they are no longer styles/categories that interest me as much these days.

For most of us, when we begin stamping, every stamp we get is special. As we continue stamping & acquiring stamps our tastes often change. I think there my be an idea for a future KIAE in this somewhere. I'll have a chat with CG & see what we can come up with...
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 10:04:50 AM »
when we begin stamping, every stamp we get is special. As we continue stamping & acquiring stamps our tastes often change.

This is so true Daniel, and for some reason it causes me slight guilt and sadness at times, but that is one thing I am trying to learn to accept that "things change" including my tastes--but it does (at times) cause me to wonder if I can trust myself to like an image for the long haul...    Boy who knew stamps could be philosophical?   :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
On that same note, almost every KIAE I do I include images that I want to use more.  Either because they are new or because I have not used them in a while.  It is just natural to me to use this challenge as tool to use stamps like this. :)
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »
This is so true Daniel, and for some reason it causes me slight guilt and sadness at times, but that is one thing I am trying to learn to accept that "things change" including my tastes--but it does (at times) cause me to wonder if I can trust myself to like an image for the long haul...    Boy who knew stamps could be philosophical?   :smile:

LOL, Melissa! Everything is 'philosophy'. ;D Far as 'long haul' for stamps? I never really thot about it. Even tho' I always catergorized my stamps as non-consumables; their style longevity never crossed my mind.

Stamping images have their 'fashion-related' aspect. Some images are classics that will work for decades. Others can be a bit fadish or novelty. When the fad ends, we tend to neglect the image. But... 'Stamping' often allows us to employ those faddy stamps by using them in conjunction with new techniques & styles.

Stamps & Stampers adapt! Ain't our craft just the best! :smitten:
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »
On that same note, almost every KIAE I do I include images that I want to use more.  Either because they are new or because I have not used them in a while.  It is just natural to me to use this challenge as tool to use stamps like this. :)

Amen. pal! O0
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 10:37:25 AM »
Forgot to also add to my other post, just a FYI, that the mailman decided yesterday not to deliver my mail from last week.    >:(  SURELY today he'll decide to bring it---I know after 4 days gone there has to be some junk mail itching to get to me!  and Daniel's kit too!   :smile:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:39:22 AM by yellowcherrios »

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »
I too hadn't ever thought about my stamps ever expiring---until a few months ago, when I didn't like one of my stamps too much anymore--it was an eye opening day for me when that happened!   ;D

I do like your idea Heidi, of using stamps you haven't used in a while or at all.   O0

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 10:42:29 AM »
I'm with Heidi as I tend to include stamps that are either new or ones that I've had for awhile and haven't used much (or ever  :laughhard:) I went through all of my clear stamps Saturday night and organized them into several binders. It is so much easier for me to sort through them now and see what I have. I have a ridiculous amount of stamps  :idiot2: and it was nearly impossible to sort through them all when I needed something for a project.

Hoping to get some crafting done today. My little one went back to school, but now my oldest is home sick  :o
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 12:08:53 PM »
Miz April kindly photo-d my first 'kept' piece. Here 'tis
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 01:32:24 PM »
Kathy's (SWLady) kit arrived today! I like it! It's going to challenge me--a good thing always! ;) ;D
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 02:53:43 PM »
Wow, that came quick!