Author Topic: April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted  (Read 13183 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: April 2015 KIAE Partners Posted
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 10:42:08 PM »
Tonight I made a card with the cool kit April sent me!  I had fun using a challenge I didn't get to during Winterfest.  It's really late so I'll post pics tomorrow.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »
Here is a photo of the kit I sent to April.
Kept kit

And here is the card I made with it.
Smile
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
And here is the card I made from the kit I received from CaribbeanGirl.

Birthday kitty

I knew when I opened the envelope I would most likely use one of the kitten images first!  I need a birthday card for my friend and neighbor who definitely loves her cat.

It was an interesting twist to tie our projects to Artsy Inker challenges, great idea!  It gave me a chance to try the bokeh technique I missed during the Winterfest hangover.  The technique was fun.  My only comment is that it takes Hero Arts Unicorn (white) pigment ink forever to dry!!  I even gave it a blast with a heat gun, and it still wasn't dry when I went to bed last night.  I would think it would dry relatively quickly on watercolor paper.  No.

It was fun to be back playing KIAE!  Thanks for hostessing April, and thanks for the cute kit!  I hope to make some more cards from it soon.
Cindi

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »
Fabulous card Cindi!! Your friend will love it!!
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
WTG, Cindi! I like both projects a lot--lots of thot & effort on your part. Well done.

I have my 'sent' project out for pickup. The envelope also has my April 'Christmas' card.  ;)
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
Oh good, Daniel.  Hopefully we'll see pictures soon!
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »
I uploaded my last 2 pieces. The first link is the project I made using items from the kit Nerd sent me. For the 'challenge' requirement, I went with 'crayon resist' (one of StampWilly's 'Oldies' challenges), but did not use a multi-color inkpad--my bad.   'Don't Worry'

Since the card I made using Cindi's April Christmas card prompt includes the last of my fave 'stamps' (a St. Dennis bear), I'll link it here, too. 'Flour' Power

This month will most likely be my last KIAE until I get settled in my new home. I've had fun playing since April & I began the swap/challenge. O0
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:24:54 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »
Cindi - I had the same issue with the Unicorn ink when I did the bokeh technique.  It drove me batty waiting for it to dry.  Both your cards came out amazing.

Daniel - we will definitely miss having you as a swapper in the coming months.  I love what you did with the kit I sent you.  I never would have thought to cut out the flowers like that. 

Oddly enough, I used the fairy image too.  I've got my pieces done, I just need to photo them tomorrow and post them.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
With a bit of luck, Sarah, I may be able to play in June--here's hoping.

I was hoping to use the entire stamped flower panel, but doing the punchouts worked pretty well. They remind me of a 'Tudor Rose'. And I'm so happy you included sentiments on tissue!!! That really made adding it easier!

I laffed at Jan's post in the gallery. I always say, "Conceit don't run in my family; It gallops!"  :laughhard:

While I'm sharing stuff... I used the 'crayon resist' with my 'ink swipe' for this and the bear on the Christmas card. When I did  crayon-coloring on one of my bear images it looked great (why be humble?). I finished it off with a good rub of white crayon to seal the deal before 'swiping & wiping' it with dye ink (I use Distress Inks mostly). Result? I made a huge mess! It felt like the white crayon 'grabbed & held' the DI. Makes me wonder if Distress Ink will 'stick to' wax? No plans to explore this now, but I'll tuck it somewhere in my crowded brain for a future exploration.
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 09:22:26 PM »
Here is the card I made with the kit I received from Daniel.  I really love this frog.
Tree Frog

I combined it with this month's oldie challenge.  I've included in the post a picture of the pp before I added the Distress Ink.

For my kept kit project, I used the same image as Daniel.
fairy card

Daniel - I'm glad you like the sentiments on the tissue paper.  I had a particular use in mind, which is why I stamped on the tissue paper.  I'll post pictures when I get that project finished.
Sarah

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »
I'm loving all of the projects so far this month! I was able to play with the kit Cindi sent me today :smitten: I will post that project tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight. Hoping to work with my kept kit tomorrow unless I get distracted with other projects  :laughhard:
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »
LOL, Sarah! Such fun to see how each of us used similar items on our cards--the frog & fairy images & the purple PP.

Looking forward to seeing your projects, CG!
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2015, 08:00:10 PM »
I didn't realize that we both used the same purple pp from the kit with the frog image, Daniel.  As the saying goes, great minds think alike or fools never differ.  ;D
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2015, 08:16:59 AM »
I love your cards Sarah!  You really mastered both technique challenges and your colors are really nice.  Great idea to stamp some sentiments on tissue.  I'll have to remember that next time I'm assembling a kit.
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »
I didn't realize that we both used the same purple pp from the kit with the frog image, Daniel.  As the saying goes, great minds think alike or fools never differ.  ;D

My vote is for the 'great minds', Sarah.  ;D I'm so glad you added the pic of the PP before altering. I couldn't quite recall what it looked like.  :idiot2:  Your choice of stamp for it was 'perfect' And... It fun to see how the 'over' ink not only 'pops' the stamped image, but also allows some of the original pattern of the paper to still appear. Very neat!

One of the topics CG (April) have discussed over the months that this swap/challenge has existed is that it might be fun sometime to keep & swap a much more limited # of items. Both swappers would be required to make a project using the same items.  We might 'theme' the kit, but the project wouldn't have a specific requirement other than for both swappers to employ the same stamp image(s) & 2 other non-image items.  The idea most likely needs tweaking, but it could be a fun experience.

As always, April & I welcome ideas from y'all. ;)
Daniel