Author Topic: HAPPY MAIL SWAP  (Read 10245 times)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: HAPPY MAIL SWAP
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 11:13:27 AM »
Mine went in the mail yesterday!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 01:30:41 PM »
Thank you for the card Kathy, that is so pretty, love the bookmark idea and how you presented it on the front of the card, such pretty coloring!!

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 02:20:26 AM »
Wow Heidi, I can't believe we picked similar stamps for this challenge...yours has a wonderful feel of springtime freshness!  It is sitting on my desk and certainly is perking me up after waking up to a few inches of snow this morning. thanks so much!

...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 07:59:13 AM »
Wow Heidi, I can't believe we picked similar stamps for this challenge...yours has a wonderful feel of springtime freshness!  It is sitting on my desk and certainly is perking me up after waking up to a few inches of snow this morning. thanks so much!

...Jan

Yes, I thought it was fun too, when I saw you chose tulips.  Very different style of tulips though!

Here is my card.

I had this tulip stamp out in the pile of Easter/Spring stamps that I had assembled for making cards last month.  I had not yet used the tulip stamp, so that is the one I picked to work with.  I liked how it turned out, because it is a CAS card, but I had fun using some easy techniques on the main panel. 

So glad it arrived in less than a week! I wasn't sure how long it would take.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 10:37:28 AM »
Heidi-After all these years of living in Alaska I still miss the spring flowers. So I too had spring flower stamps sitting out...so it definitely was time for me to use a tulip stamp. So glad you used a tulip stamp too!

Generally mail from your part of the US takes 5-7 days but it really has no consistency. I think it is often a matter of what plane it happens to catch a ride on :smile:

Thanks again for sharing your card!  For me it is really fun to enjoy another stamper's beautiful work in person. 

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 11:01:09 AM »
Here is the card I sent to Connie. After doing the floral piece it reminded me of a bookmark so here is what I did with it.

Card front

Behind the bookmark

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
Kathy, I love your card and bookmark!  That is really clever and the card looks fantastic even after the bookmark is taken off!

Wow!

Jan, you mentioned in the comment that you were glad I left the focal background white.  I have to admit I tried two other ways with a lot more color before deciding to leave well enough alone and just have white.  It was too much otherwise.

Great swap!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »
Kathy-adding the bookmark to your card was a very sweet idea!

Heidi, nothing is ever wrong with testing out various products/colors before making a final decision. 

THanks everyone for playing in this swap.  I hope to host another after my cold goes away.

...Jan