Author Topic: Christmas All Year - November 2019  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - November 2019
« on: November 01, 2019, 04:07:21 PM »
Oh my!  How did we get so close to Christmas, so fast?!  November is a great time to finish up your Christmas cards so they are ready for mailing. 

This is the year I get mine mailed!  Last year I was in a boot and crutches, my Mom broke her hip and my Dad went to the ER at least once ... I let the Christmas cards slide.  I haven't counted recently, but I think between the few I made last year, and this year ... I might be getting close. 

If you're one of the lucky ones and your Christmas cards are done, don't forget it's fun to stamp tags and gift card holders too.

This month's letter is
J

Can you think of any "J" techniques, embellishments or images?  What about sentiments ? 
How about "Joy", "jingle all the way", jingle bell images
I'm sure you will think of more.  Have fun!  Please post to the Christmas All Year album in the gallery and link here.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - November 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 01:02:58 AM »
I made another Christmas card.  This time using Heidi's "It's a Wrap" challenge.  Darn, I should have used "Joy" on the front instead of "Peace", haha!  Then I would have followed my own prompt!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »
It really is cute Heidi!  Thanks for linking up here. 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 10:55:17 AM »
They are adorable Heidi!  You can tell you are taking your time ... I hope you share the rest of your one sheet wonder cards here as well.  Card making is not fast is it?!  You will have a wonderful set of cards when you are done!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 11:31:34 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4702#top_display_media

No, cardmaking is not so fast!  Maybe it is faster if you just followed instructions.  For my card today, I used the current Mojo Monday sketch, and she now adds in the measurements which really does make it go much faster!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »
Oh, yes, I bet having measurements and a sketch would help!  I need to take a look at those sketches.  I really like your card.  Thanks for linking it up here.
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 01:35:21 PM »
Here is my submission for the month of November.  Thanks so much for your great challenge!

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4705#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 02:11:41 PM »
Yay!  J for joy!  Thanks for using the prompt and linking here.  I love this card!  Has me wondering if I can do something similar ...
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 01:24:08 PM »
I made a set of 4 of these using Connie's One Sheet Wonder template and oldie but goodie Basic Grey - Dasher papers.  I think I will make another set!  I cut two sets of template pieces.

It was fun playing with older papers and border punches again, and even some faux stitching and inking of edges.  Old school card, ha!

merry merry
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »
I love your added touches Heidi, like the ribbon and the heart embellishments.  Great idea to combine the smallest images with the large sentiment!  Thanks for link here.

No wonder it takes forever to use up our printed paper stash!  You will get 12 cards from one sheet of 12x12?!  We need 9 lives like your cat to use up our paper ...

Or maybe I can use this knowledge as inspiration to let some PP go?  Only keep the very, very favorite.  It's so hard.  I like it all.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
Hurray!  I did my own challenge and used the prompt!  Doesn't happen that often  ::)

Joyul Gnomes

I've been having fun using up some Christmas printed paper with Connie's One Sheet Wonder template.  I'm just loving the gnomes that are popular right now!  I found a cut file and some appropriate papers and used my Silhouette cameo to make gnomes.

I used a Hero Arts stamp and cut set for the sentiments.  I'm really disappointed.  I love this set, BUT, if you notice the "T" in "Tidings" is a little thicker on one card.  When I stamped the second card, the top of the "T" did not stamp.  I inked again.  Nope, still not right.  The top of the T is now completely missing from the stamp.  (I wrote it in with a glue pen and embossed a second time, not perfect, but I don't think a Versafine pen writes thin enough) These are really fine line letters, and the T is very close to the edge of one of the photopolymer stamps and it completely crumbled away.  I looked at the "Peace, Love and " sentiment.  Same thing!  The "P" has crumbled. 
 :(

The stamps are just a little bit sticky.  I googled to see if this stamp set is still for sale.  It is.  So it's not that old.  When it was just one sentiment, I was going to let it go ... but if all of the sentiment stamps start falling apart, I think I will contact Hero Arts.  Oh, and the dot ripped away from the top of the J on the Joy stamp.  Should I just blame user error?  Maybe I cleaned them on a stamp scrubber in the past?  This time I just wiped with a damp micro fiber cloth.  I rarely if ever use Stazon, so I don't think it's the ink.  What would you do?

ETA : I stamped out the entire set.  I had to ink 3 times with Versafine onyx black, especially to get the JOY to stamp solidly.  Now I notice that more of the "Tidings of Comfort" has crumbled, Peace is missing most of the "P" and the "u" in "To You and Yours" will not stamp completely either. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:00:07 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 11:54:16 AM »
Cindi, I love those gnomes!

I have the “Happy” hero arts stamp n cut set. I didn’t have trouble with it the last time I used it. That is too bad that your stamps are not standing the test of time.  I would be disappointed too.  I don’t think that cleaning a stamp on a stamp scrubber should make them fall apart. I might contact Hero Arts and see what they have to say. 

I don’t know how long clear stamps should last.  There are some people who say the ones recently made should last as long as rubber, but I think they are either overly optimistic or uninformed.  But definitely they should last 10 years minimum. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 11:56:23 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~