Author Topic: Another method for reverse stamping.  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Another method for reverse stamping.
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:03:19 PM »
Today I needed to reverse an image in order to make it fit my scene better, and I also needed to create a mask for it.  I found this video and I had great results with it so I thought I would share it here.

In this method you stamp on a silicone craft sheet (SU sells one).  I have one that was marketed as a glue gun pad.  It's see through so that could help if you want to turn it over and stamp with it precisely.  I put my glue gun pad on my stamp positioner in place of paper.  This allowed me to ink it up really good.  In my case, I left the glue pad in the positioner and just placed my paper over the top and burnished with my hand.
I quickly realized my mask would need to be reversed as well.  I inked up my stamp again and pressed it to the glue gun pad.  This time I placed an Inkadinkado masking sheet over the image and rubbed with my hand, then fussy cut as usual.

You can see the card here.  I reversed and masked the bunny image.

Please share if you try this method.  The silicone is great for stamping on because it is rubbery, not slick like acetate or freezer paper.
Cindi