Author Topic: INF14 ATC Challenge - ***** Winner Announced and trade partners posted*****  (Read 14409 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: INF14 ATC Challenge
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »
Well I made a masterboard but I did it a little different.  I gessoed the watercolor paper with black and then stamped with one stamp in differnt colors.  The stamp was a spider web.  I wanted a Halloween background.  It didn't quite turn out the way I had envisioned but it still looks neet.  I made four Halloween ATCs from the board.

Halloween ATCs

The Masterboard picture is enclosed in this post.  Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »
I'm so excited to see that you've been busy this weekend!  And you get it!  The masterboard can be made in so many ways.  I was hoping people wouldn't think they have to use spray ink.

April, I love the colors and textures in your masterboard ... and the ATCs are wonderful.  You can see the sparkle, even online!

Heidi, I really liked seeing the layered stamping and stenciling on your masterboard, and as I mentioned in the comments I really like that swallow looking bird stamp.  Once you cut it in to ATCs I liked it even better!  I love the ATCs you got from your masterboard!

Thanks so much for doing this challenge, I realize it takes a bit of work!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 10:15:02 PM »
Sadie,  my reply posted, and then I found your ATCs on page 2!

I really like your masterboard and ATCs too!  Isn't it cool how different they all turned out?  I really like how you used the spider webs, and the black, white and bright colors.  Wonderful!  I think it's neat how in some places the spider webs look like webs and in some places more like splats.
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 10:36:14 PM »
This sounds Like a fun challenge! I love your samples you did.
I love making ATCs. Thanks for hosting :)
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 12:32:52 AM »
Fabulous masterboards ladies!  Thanks for sharing!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »
Really neat masterboard, Sadie. I also like the bright "splats" in the spider webs and I like the way they look cut down to ATC size too. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
Sadie, I love your master board.  You got a really cool effect by just using the one stamp in different colors.  Perfect for Halloween.  And your ATCs are too cute.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »
Here is my gallery post of my ATCs.  You can also click on the photo below to enlarge it and see my masterboard before I cut the ATC's.  Thanks for a fun challenge Cindi!
...Jan
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:26:28 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »
You're welcome Jan!  I like what you did!  I think the fact that you used leftover ink from the paper towel challenge really adds texture and the white stamping adds a lot of interest too.

I'm loving the variety of responses to this challenge!  Great job everyone!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »
TFS your masterboard Jan. I love the folds from the paper towel that you can see in the background.  Left praise for your ATCs too.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 08:30:27 AM »
I'm working on this today! Ive got a stencil I haven't had a chance to use yet. Should be lots of inky fun O0

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's work. Love all of the ATCs that have been created!
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »
I only finished half of my master board before chunking it…..well it became a scrap paper instead. 

I was trying to avoid doing a collage, but it didn't work with the stamps I was working with.

Does making a master board lend itself to collages?
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 08:41:54 PM »
I finished the ATCs from my first masterboard and made a second masterboard.  I'm going to take pictures tomorrow because the lighting in my house sucks for photos. 

Like Jan, I used the leftover paper towels from Stampwilly's challenge, but instead of using the piece as a whole, I ripped up a couple of pieces and Mod Podged them all over a piece of water color paper. 
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »
Melissa your question is not totally clear to me.  Perhaps it is because there is a only slight difference in a collage project versus a masterboard.  When I made my collage style single layer bookmarks I worked on my bookmark base to create a visual pleasing bookmark for my recipient and myself.  A collage is a finished piece of art with many elements/layers. 

The first part of this ATC swap is to make the masterboard.  I think of it as trying to make a nice piece of printed paper like I would buy in store if I wanted one for the background of my ATCs.  If you think of all the printed paper in a store you know “anything goes”.   You can include as much stamping as much as you like on the masterboard.   The masterboard is generally a piece created rather quickly because it is only a background paper meant to be cut into several smaller pieces for the design of several paper projects (cards, tags, bookmarks, ATCs, inchies etc). 

Hope this helps...Jan
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:07:35 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
Jan, I think your explanation of the masterboard is helpful.  If you don't want to do collage, you may just want to do some inking or ink spray and then do a repeated stamp like a more simple patterned paper.  The gallery for this challenge shows many approaches to the master board. 
~~Heidi~~