Author Topic: AIR - Back to the Beginning - Winner Announced:  (Read 7742 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: AIR - Back to the Beginning
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 03:22:22 PM »
My local Internet Serve is not happy today and last night...just plain stopped before I had a chance to edit my post below.  But my card is now posted posted in the gallery.   

Nora and April so fun to see your cards...TFS!!

Amazing that several of the techniques I learned 50 years ago are still usable today. But I am glad that products have changed to keep a fresh and current feel to our work.   

Thanks Anne for a very fun memory tugging challenge!...Jan
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:33:19 PM by Far North »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 03:19:42 AM »
...Waiting for Daniel to add his 2 cents worth.  Where is the cents sign on my key board..

:laughhard: OK, Ann--you asked for it! ::)

My initial reaction to your challenge was  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :knuppel2: But I got over it. After all, haven't I often said that a crafter can craft from anything? So... I've begun my entry. Since it will be late to the party, I will share what I'm doing. Ready for it? Drum roll please....

Crayon rubbing on plain wrapping paper. Talk about going back to the beginning! And the fun part is that I can use stamps & stencils 'cause I'm not stamping them--just giving them a good rub down. Fun & very creative challenge, Ann!
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
Thanks for the icons Daniel.  It also can't be 50 years that you have been  Art's and Crafting, but then I think of my age and when I really be can crafting on my own and and it is really close to that.  Stamping came later, but there were lots of crafts along the way.

Can't wait to see your project.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »
I have a bin full of stickers and rubons that I haven't used in some time, when I first started cardmaking I couldn't afford all the stamps so I did a lot of sticker shopping, I loved this challenge because it made me go through all my old stuff and drag it out and it makes me want to create even more with them.  If there was a year printed on the packaging I put it next to the item.

Here is the first one I did, I was itching to put distress inks on them to balance what was already on the paper but I held myself back :) 
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1652&message_id=fbfb1f9ca7ce12e9bddb0bdd2168ea8a&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

And here is my second card, these are some of the first papers I bought, I am surprised the rubons still work :)
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1653&message_id=861f94d34bcbda86b09d99cf53ecec26&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »
I got my crafting start with a counted cross stitch kit my grandma put in my Christmas stocking when I was in the fifth grade (almost 29 years ago).  So I pulled out my Aida cloth and DMC floss to make this card.

Stitched Flowers

Thanks for a fun challenge, Ann.
Sarah

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: AIR - Back to the Beginning - Winner Announced:
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 05:09:26 PM »
I am so glad all of you enjoyed this challenge and I loved all of the cards. Random  Number Charged picked my winner for me. 

and it is ........................................................... Nora S.  I love your card.

To all of you - who took the trip back with me or thought about taking the trip back - glad you played - maybe this challenge will come back again.

Please PM me with your address.

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 05:21:00 PM »
My Goodness, I am so surprised to be the winner of your "Back to the Beginning" challenge!  I thoroughly enjoyed the process of creating this card, and Thank You very much!

I will send you my address soon. 

Nora S

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »
Congrats, Nora!!
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
Congrats, Nora!

Stampwilly

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »
Congratulations, Nora!  Way to go!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
Congrats Nora

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
Thanks to April for the assist, my entry to your challenge is in the gallery, Ann. Rub-A-Dub Bear

A darker colored crayon might have allowed the bear to show more, but it worked ok for me. Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane, Ann.

I posted it to Daria's 2nd Chance Challange, as well.
Daniel