Author Topic: Creative Challenges - Flourish  (Read 1437 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Creative Challenges - Flourish
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:31:02 AM »
So my challenge is pretty open ended again.  You must use a flourish on your project.  If you don’t have a sort of flourish stamp, a die will also be fine, but please be sure to use image stamping somewhere. A hand drawn flourish could work in a pinch.

I have often heard that a flourish is a “basic” stamp category to collect, so I hope this will include everyone.  I have seen them used in very creative ways so I am looking forward to seeing what you all make.

Here is my sample.  I have always thought that the Leafy Vines stamp was really a fancy flourish, so that is what I used. Most of my supplies are from my half-completed projects pile.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4925#top_display_media

Please feel free to ask questions here. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenges - Flourish
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »
Thanks for this challenge! I need to look through my backgrounds because I know I have a few flourishes that I have done.

April :smile:

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 01:51:33 PM »
Here is my entry. I had this background in my stash. I am trying to use my handmade  backgrounds as often as I can.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4926#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 02:04:22 PM »
April that is a lovely card!  Thanks for playing along!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 10:33:08 AM »
I do believe I have a few flourish stamps :)

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 02:10:53 PM »
I was surprised that I own flourish stamps.  I looked throu my backgrounds and was surprised that there were no alcohol ink backgrounds.
Followed directions and stamped, embossed, alcohol inked.
Added a focal.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/514CCB8D-3C4D-4EF8-8232-FE627D0E5318.jpeg
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 02:16:57 PM »
Next I used the small flourishes to make another card.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/E4E0A5FA-AC9C-4EC2-B691-E7E45D0610A7.jpeg

Then I ran the ugly ones in embossing folders and sanded.  That was when I remembered why there are no alcohol ink backgrounds.  I did that to all of them!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »
Sheila, both your cards are really great.  The flourishes you own are really pretty and make for lovely backgrounds! You went above and beyond by using my alcohol ink technique.  I really just meant that people could use flourishes with whatever techniques, but it looks like you had a lot of fun with the alcohol inks. I know I don’t use mine often enough.

Thank you for playing!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 05:42:41 PM »
I did have fun.  I used the same stamps and colors on two of them each.  Two came out crisper then the other two.  The two rejects I put in an embossing folders and sanded.  My favorite thing to do with an alcohol ink background.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/CAA7C476-9B0B-4CED-9AD0-8CD0526160A7.jpeg

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 09:45:41 PM »

The perfect push I needed to ink up my new Baroque stamp.  I'd do a few things differently next time ... like use a detail clear embossing powder on the flourish, and skip the water spritz ... but overall I like it.  I also tried watercolor over a clear embossed image, but the image lost even more detail on the textured watercolor paper with the same high gloss powder.  I need to play some more.

I had fun!  Thanks for the challenge, Heidi.

Celebrate Everyday
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 12:02:27 AM »
I wanted to try another flourish card and happened to spot a cut n emboss folder called Baroque Filigree. 
That left me needing an image stamp since my flourish isn't a stamp ... I rather like the way the hummingbird fits!

My son-in-law's sister graduated from Univ. of Central Florida this week.  She has been going part time for years, recently finished chemo for breast cancer yet powered through and got her degree!  We happened to catch her Facebook Live where she broadcast herself watching UCF's graduation roll (someone was reading the names as they appeared on the screen) ... all the way to the Z's!  Her last name begins with Z.  At least she could chat and read comments of friends and family members who watched with her.  I feel so bad for all of the college, high school, middle school, etc. grads who are missing out on the festivities they worked so hard to earn, do to Covid quarantining.  This card is for Sarah Z! 

Congrats
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 07:58:02 AM »
Loved this challenge.  Who knew I could get so many ideas.
I turned my practice stamping into a card for my boys.
I had gotten this cute boy stamp and the words with them in mind.
I practiced my coloring with pencils on dark cardstock, where you lay down white pencil first.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/D3CD6A59-6681-47BC-946D-2DB4D640796E.jpeg

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 07:59:35 AM »
P. S.  I have never used the large flourish on anything before!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »
I was so pleased to see all the different flourish projects in the gallery today!  You all have made wonderful and creative cards!  I am happy also that some of you found and used flourishes you almost didn’t know you had!  Very cool!  Thank you for participating!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »
I used corner flourishes on my card and the bird almost has a flourish like look to it too

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4934#top_display_media