Author Topic: Alcohol Ink Challenge Series  (Read 28940 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Alcohol Ink Challenge Series
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2016, 09:04:56 AM »
thanks for sharing all the info Jan

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Alcohol Ink Challenge Series
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2016, 10:37:51 AM »
Heidi asked: do you have an opinion on whether Yupo is easier or harder to stamp on than glossy paper?

My response: I find both offer some stamping challenges that we learn to minimize. The most frequent frustrations I hear for glossy paper is the slippage of the stamps and the sticking of the stamps to the paper.  I have limited experience stamping experience with Yupo but so far the matt surface has not given me a slippage or sticking issues.  However, so far I am finding rubber stamps work better than clear for stamping on Yupo which I found limiting when I wanted to stamp an sentiment on my gallery card.  So I did use clear stamps with archival ink which Joggles recommended not using.  In my testing I did not experience issues with the black archival but colors did not make clear impressions.  I certainly need to test more to see what combo works best.

Here is the link to my Yupo card in the gallery.  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2530#top_display_media
You will see the sentiment is not as crispy of an image as desired--the word celebrate font is made of fine horizontal lines which should allow the background to be seen.
But that is okay for me the best part of stamping is exploring the best ways to work with the issues that arise. 

I will be sure to post if I learn any other new elements of stamping on Yupo...and hope others do the same.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:45:03 AM by Far North »