Author Topic: Ann's Challenge for September  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Ann's Challenge for September
« on: August 20, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »
Giving you a heads up on what I am offering starting the 1st of September and running thru the month.

Name:  Creating an architectural project.

There is a thread under Stamping Chat Title that was started a little while ago that, I finally revisited.  Today, I uploaded pictures of the architectural stamps that I have.  I also have other stamps that could possibly allow me to add to these stamps or to use with other stamps the create this project. 

My challenge to you is to create an architectural project.    I have as yet not looked on line to see the definition of architectural nor have I visited on line or on pinterest to see what other may have created.

So this is a new field for me - so it will be a new challenge to myself as well as offered to you.

Can be in colors or black and white.  Any other technique can be incorporated.

But it may not be combined with any other project or challenge.

As this starts on September 1st, I am hoping to get my example up before then.  I encourage you all to look through  your stamps with a different eye.  As I find resources that might help, I will post them here.

Please upload any examples you find online and share your insight as well. 

Thank you for reading.  Please check out the gallery for my upload.

See you September 1st. 

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: Ann's Challenge for September
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:44:43 PM »
Check out e bay for ideas of what these type of stamps look like.  I ordered one.  I can think of several uses for the one I ordered.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:29:43 AM »
I also have some rock stamps, some are single rocks and some are three or four rock, I think one could build with just these. 

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:42:13 AM »
I also have some rock stamps, some are single rocks and some are three or four rock, I think one could build with just these.

Ann. Your rock stamps might be fun to build an arch. You could 'freehand' the arch or cut a simple arch shape in a piece of paper to use as a guide. Depending on the actual stamps you wouldn't necessarily need to do any masking per se.  ;)
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »
I checked out the discussion and went to Beeswax to be sure of the type of stamps you are talking about. I have so few, but can see an idea coming! LOL! Here is a link to the Beeswax architectural stamps if anyone needs to see them.

http://www.beeswaxrubberstamps.com/buildings.htm

Stampwilly

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »
Good link, April! Thanks! I do like lots of the BW AS stuff, too.

reading over Ann's challenge, I see loads of room for players to create their 'architecture' with & without actual AS.

Just with the images Ann shared, I can see lots of possibilities. For instance... Use the upside down canoe as the top of an 'arch' & the 'column' image for the supports. Use the column to build a 'log' cabin ala Rome.  ;D Ann could build fantasy towers by combining the clock & bell tower images. And the various square images could be used like bricks to build walls & more.

The lace image would be great as a parapet or the gingerbread on a Victorian house.  Get the idea? 'Course you do.  :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:55:52 AM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!  I think I only have a couple of these types of stamps, but I will try my best to play along.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
I checked out the  site that was mentioned (Bees Wax ?????) and found some great ideas for stamps that I have.  Castle - I have those stamps in with faries stamps; lighthouse - was gifted with several last year; and ancient ruins - part of stamps and or shapes.  Great ideas I think.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 08:47:12 PM »
Hmmm, thanks for the heads up!  I haven't done much stamping of architecture!
Cindi

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 08:07:54 PM »
Suggestions:  I played today with some other options that might be useful to you.

I have uploaded a sheet to the gallery that shows what I did using the following:   Top rt - two dies from one set to cut the arch window or just an arch if I cut off the bottom.  I then ran it thru cuttlebug wth brick embossing folder.  Top left - a bass stencil, bottom rt a Sizzix embossing folder.  I then used black Distress Ink over the gray card stock to add dimention. 

I am going to require a stamped image (s) so that you do not  have to have a AS stamp.  Just use what you have to create something that would resemble a AS stamped image and use stamps elsewhere in your project.

I have fun playing today and like what I have created.  Sure there are other outcomes.

Am currently having trouble uploading file - it is a 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper.  Will have to learn how to resize and try again.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1928&message_id=c47807c5cfb9c2316536fb1d1c0fabe1&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

and

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1927#top_display_media

Now to start making my sample card (s)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:09:34 AM by Utah Ann »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »
Thanks for posting pics.  Great way to make an arch from a window. 
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:38 PM »
Interesting challenge , Ann! I will have to see what I have in my stash that could work :-)
Thanks for hosting!
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 02:33:47 PM »
Here is my entry! This was really out of the box for me, but I enjoyed it! Thanks for a fun challenge!

Stampwilly

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1943#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »
So, I have this stamp set that is like pieces of iron from fences.  It is a neat stamp set but I never really used it much before.  So I thought I would just use this to build a card background.  So it isn't really a building, but I definitely used this challenge to inspire these cards.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1974#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1973#top_display_media

I have a couple other stamps that are probably more traditional architectural stamps,  and I hope to figure out how to use too.  I stamped them but nothing is coming together yet.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
Love the stamped image.  Can see one used as spikes by using only the top part of the image.  But I do like the two cards that you created and thanks for sharing and doing the challenge.

I still have a card that I want to make.

But life has been putting big rocks in my life path and some of them have begun to appear as boulders.  But I am looking for my pick axe.