Author Topic: AIR15 -- Mistake Challenge -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8936 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
AIR15 -- Mistake Challenge -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 27, 2015, 04:00:41 PM »
Those of you who are playing BINGO have seen that I have listed "mistakes" that we make sometimes when we are crafting. This challenge is to intentionally use at least TWO of the mistakes I have listed on the BINGO list and use them on a project ( card, tag, box, etc. ) so that the project is pretty. You need to tell which "mistakes" you used. Example --You might use wrinkled paper and torn edges on your project for a neat look. Please use at least one image stamp on your project since this is a stamping board. Please load your project to the gallery under AIR15 Mistake Challenge and post here with a link to it. I will be giving a randomly chosen winner an RAK at the end. Yes, you may combine this with other AIR challenges.

Here is the link to the BINGO words    ---   

http://duhnproductions.com/forum/index.php?topic=657.0

Stampwilly
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:58:10 AM by stampwilly »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: AIR15 -- Mistake Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:49:36 AM »
Do you not want us to cover the "mistake"?  For example, if I get a smudge of ink on a project, I will usually cover it with an embellishment.  Should we not do that for this challenge, but rather try to find a way to work with the smudge?
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:07:24 AM »
Yes, I want you to purposely use 2 mistakes on your projects to make a nice looking project. Do not cover the mistakes. I used the example, wrinkled paper and torn edges. Those are used a lot on purpose to create a distress look on cards. I hope this makes sense? :-\

Stampwilly :smile:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:09:06 AM by stampwilly »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:11:06 AM »
Yes, it makes sense.  And I think the wrinkled paper and torn edges would probably be the easiest to use.  I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on. 
Sarah

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
Added photo to gallery.
Mistakes are in the stamping, upside down and only partially stamping.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »
Here is the link to yankee's card. I love the colors and her "mistakes" look great! Thanks for doing my challenge.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1594#top_display_media

Stampwilly

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »
Here's my tag I made:  Flowers in bloom tag

I had lots of fun April with your challenge!  Thank you for hosting!

I do have to say, that this challenge really helped me with the idea of RE-framing the was I think of and see a "mistake"---when I was making "pretty" mistakes on purpose, I thought the flowers look good despite the stray EP spots and coloring out of the lines (which BTW--I colored over the embossing BLACK lines with colored pencils and they smeared the black EP into their drawn lines---which I didn't know they would do that, so I didn't get to make the colored pencil markings as dark as I was going to do since they were tearing up the embossed lines). 

PS:  Sorry about the slanted photo--but I thought that that seemed to help me get everything in view and show some of the mistakes best....

Also I wanted to add the "failed punch" in the corner to honor all those frustrated times a punch would not FULLY punch for what ever reason (despite being CS)!!   :tickedoff:  It felt so good for the punch to fail and I was happy about it!!!    :laughhard:  I was actually concerned that it might actually punch all the way through and it would mess up my tag!!   :o ;D  That is a perfect example of why I loved this challenge!  The irony.... 
~~Melissa :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »
Melissa, it looks like you had a fun time with your wonderful tag. You even added a new mistake that I did not have on the list! Thanks for playing!

Stampwilly

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 05:40:39 AM »
This was pleasantly difficult for me, Willy. I decided to do a duplicate of the piece I made for Craft Nerd's Sentiment Challenge, but include deliberate mistakes.

For the Front, I added inky prints & the oval is incompletely stamped. For the Inside I stamped upside down & mended the torn paper with a piece of ink-stained tape.

For good measure I wrote the 'greeting' on a very irregular piece of label paper.
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 11:50:06 AM »
Great job on the mistakes, Daniel. Love all the humor too! Thanks for doing my challenge.

Stampwilly

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 04:16:23 AM »
I just came across the book Beautiful Mistakes on You Tube that teaches 3years olds and up oops are opportunities to find fun creative solutions.  I thought these ideas are great inspiration to many the "mistakes" on our list. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fZjMYdQjGM
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:30:55 AM by Far North »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
Thanks for sharing this, Jan! it is perfect AND a reminder that we CAN use our mistakes in ways that look good!

Stampwilly ;D

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing, I wish could have learned that growing up.  My experience in life was in a 2nd grade summer school, taught by art students from a local college was this.

First project was to draw a pictures of kites flying in the sky.  I was corrected and told that two kites would fly in the same direction and not have their strings crossing.  My kites were flying in opposite directions.  Strike one for me.

The second project was to draw train (railroad) tracks going off into the distance.  Somewhere my ADD and other learning disability thought that the tracks would just continue the same off into the distance, instead of narrowing as they when further away.  Strike 2.  I don't remember if the class ended before I got to strike 3 or if my mom pulled me out of the class.

Being a medical transcriptionist  and Office manager/assistant may have also colored my world for perfection.  I do make mistakes but I don't like to.  I know that I am still in my retirement years a "want to be perfectionist" but usually (maybe always) falling short. 

I do Okay and sometimes even great and am trying to not care. 

Boy have a shared more than intended, but it just came out. 

I may have to order that  book for myself and my grandson.

Again thanks for sharing the book.

Not even going to read back though this because, I might delete the whole thing.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »
Ann thanks for sharing!  I have been wowed by your creativity many times here.  I am so glad you can share that with all of us!...Jan

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 04:02:09 PM »