Author Topic: WF16--Negativity at its Best -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 11852 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: WF16--Negativity at its Best
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »
Did you get a new scanner?   O0

Daria

No, but my friends did & I've learned (sorta/kinda) how to use it. ;)
Daniel

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 09:49:10 AM »
Next best thing! 

Daria

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 10:18:16 AM »
I an going to love doing this challenge.  I have several saved negatives.  This will be my next card to make. 

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 10:32:55 AM »
As I was looking thru my die cut, suddenly realized that I can use my Cricut - that increases my possibilities of negatives exponentially.  Wow this will be fun.

Again thank you.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »
Great, Ann.  I know what you mean about using up those pieces we save.  I think the only negative die-cuts that I saved were rectangles, squares, ovals, and circles; I saved them thinking I could use them as frames.  Now I wish I'd saved the more intricate shapes.

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 02:42:50 PM »
I liked doing this challenge probably because I have been seeing all the ones out there and always wanted to try it.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2347#top_display_media
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:44:22 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 03:11:34 PM »
I liked doing this challenge probably because I have been seeing all the ones out there and always wanted to try it.

Connie, that's exactly how I feel and the reason I chose this for my challenge.  Your card is darling! 

I'm glad you played.

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »
April question for you did you emboss the cardstock before or after die cutting, I really like that look

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
Connie, I combined this with your challenge.  And on my first try, I die cut after embossing and it flattened out the embossing.  So on my next try, I die cut first.

Here's my card.
Ribbon Valentine's
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 10:26:21 PM »
April and Sarah, I'm glad I checked in one more time tonight.  I love the way your cards turned out.

All these wonderful examples might even make me brave enough to wade through the piles in my craft room and clear enough space to make a card too.

Thank you.
Daria

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2016, 12:01:19 PM »
I am having more trouble with this, than I expected  - I keep using dies that have no negative . Another one that I cut  turned out to be a positive and as I was making the card  finally realized  I was doing it wrong.    So today will start again.  I am getting older. 

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »
I am having more trouble with this, than I expected  - I keep using dies that have no negative . Another one that I cut  turned out to be a positive and as I was making the card  finally realized  I was doing it wrong.    So today will start again.  I am getting older.

Well, welcome to the club....at least you didn't make the entirely wrong kind of card and didn't realize until you were totally done....just use a circle and die cut in the middle of the page......decorate behind it!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 12:37:05 PM »
Ann, do what Sadie suggested.  That's all my ornament card was--an empty circle in the middle of a piece of cardstock.

Anything you die cut will have a negative part.  It's the cardstock that's left over with the empty space after you remove the die and the die-cut.  Well, on second thought, if you use a large die, you might only have the border left.  I save those for frames sometimes.  But if you use a smaller die like a heart or circle or leaves, etc. in the center of the card stock that will leave an empty space that you can use.

I know which die I'd like to try out, but I just need to move myself from the computer to the craft room. 

Good luck.  Don't give up.

Daria

ETA:  Sadie, thank you for responding so quickly! 

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 07:48:03 AM »
Didn't sure a very intricate die cut, but love the looks of my card and hope you will as will.

Here is my card
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2411&message_id=df50b27bd7632928f84d662dbb833fdc&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock